Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Milk and meat meal on Shavuos

dleah

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 3:50 pm
some pple have a meat and milk meal on shavous, do you ? how do you do it with both ?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 5:44 pm
You eat something milchig, either for breakfast or at a kiddush in shul, or even after the davening.

You wait however long is it customary, and then wash and eat the fleishig yomtov seudah.

shopaholic

Post Sat, May 27 2006, 9:59 pm
My mother only makes a milchig meal on the first day so when my bil was living here, he liked to have fleishigs too so he'd wait an hour & have a piece of chicken to be "yoitze zein".

Ruchel

Post Sat, May 27 2006, 10:06 pm
It would be definitely easier for some communities, like the Dutch who wait only 1 hour after the meat (although 72 mins should be the minimum time), or some Roman Jews who for some reason think it is ok to mix meat and milk in the same meal and on the same plate! I don't know if they cook them together or not though...

TzenaRena

Post Sat, May 27 2006, 10:57 pm
Quote:
or some Roman Jews who for some reason think it is ok to mix meat and milk in the same meal and on the same plate! I don't know if they cook them together or not though...
That doesn't sound Halachic to me...Are they Orthodox Jews?

Tovah

Post Sat, May 27 2006, 10:59 pm
we eat a milchig meal complete.
wait 1 hr. wash and have a small meat meal, usually n/o wants to eat so it's a small piece of chicken.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus