Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Public Apology to Marina
1  2  Next

Atali

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 8:54 pm
I spoke to Marina through PMs and it seems that she has posted requests to help Haiti everywhere, not just on Imamother, and that her intention was actually to get people to donate to Haiti.

I am aware that as a mod I need to be more careful with my posts, and I am sorry that I hurt Marina and gave others a particular impression of her that is not true.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 9:29 pm
Atali. that's very big of you to apologize.

Thank you to Marina for suggesting ways to help.

My heart goes out to the desperate, suffering people of Haiti. May H' have rachmanus on them.

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 9:35 pm
Atali wrote:
I spoke to Marina through PMs and it seems that she has posted requests to help Haiti everywhere, not just on Imamother, and that her intention was actually to get people to donate to Haiti.

and somehow you couldn't figure this out from her title "haiti - how you can help" and the link she posted ?!?!?!

Atali

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 9:54 pm
greenfire wrote:
Atali wrote:

and somehow you couldn't figure this out from her title "haiti - how you can help" and the link she posted ?!?!?!

I don't think it is very appropriate for me to post why I thought the way that I did. I had my reasons, but they were wrong.

marina

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 10:19 pm
I apologize for lumping in all frum people together and assuming, incorrectly, that most frum people thought it was wrong to donate to Haiti relief efforts.

I also apologize for any times where I overgeneralize or stereotype about frum people, whether on this site or elsewhere.

Atali

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 10:21 pm
Thank you, Marina.

life'sgreat

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 10:28 pm
Thanks to both of you. I'm fairly new here (although I don't think my post count says so embarrassed), and was surprised at the level of tensions in that thread.

We all think that what we're doing is the right thing. Cheers

MommyZ

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 10:56 pm
marina wrote:
I apologize for lumping in all frum people together and assuming, incorrectly, that most frum people thought it was wrong to donate to Haiti relief efforts.

I also apologize for any times where I overgeneralize or stereotype about frum people, whether on this site or elsewhere.

I'm so glad you are sticking around. I think you are awesome. Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray

Strudel

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 12:05 am
Hey Atali, what about have two sn? One for yourself and one for Modding?

shmoozer

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 12:12 am
atali - that was amazing of you. I learned a great deal from this thread. Thank you!

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 9:01 pm
hey, really kewl thread. thanx atali :-)

slushiemom

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 5:02 am
life'sgreat, how on EARTH do you have so many posts in one month of joining?!?!

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 3:16 pm
slushiemom wrote:
I do computer work all day (at home, so on my own time) as well as evening, sometimes late into the night. So I just log on, click view new posts and respond when I have something to say.

safetynet

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 3:21 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
slushiemom wrote:
I do computer work all day (at home, so on my own time) as well as evening, sometimes late into the night. So I just log on, click view new posts and respond when I have something to say.

You sure have a lot to say!

HAPPY MOMMY

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 3:38 pm
I am a little confused about Marina, are you frum or not? if you are not frum why are you on this website? if you are frum why are you so bitter about frum people in general?

freidasima

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 3:41 pm
Welcome to Imamother. When you have 1000 posts and not 10 you will fully understand (I'm being snarky in Marina's honor).

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 3:44 pm
HAPPY MOMMY wrote:
I am a little confused about Marina, are you frum or not? if you are not frum why are you on this website? if you are frum why are you so bitter about frum people in general?

you know, if you have any questions why not pm her. I'm sure she will be happy to answer you. but don't attack her in a thread that is apologising for another thread attacking her.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 4:35 pm
HAPPY MOMMY wrote:

hm and I wonder if you're frum ... cause if you were you wouldn't be talking loshon hora about someone - in public no less ... Rolling Eyes

people need to get it through their thick heads ... frumkeit is between a person & Hashem ... not posters on a periwinkle blue screen Idea unless of course you are god and I missed the memo

safetynet

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 4:37 pm
greenfire wrote:

people need to get it through their thick heads ... frumkeit is between a person & Hashem ... not posters on a periwinkle blue screen Idea unless of course you are god and I missed the memo

Btw frumkeit is also how people act to others....

MommyZ

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 4:41 pm
greenfire wrote:
HAPPY MOMMY wrote:

hm and I wonder if you're frum ... cause if you were you wouldn't be talking loshon hora about someone - in public no less ... Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics