Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Tehillim Needed NOW!!

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 11:29 am
Please say tehillim for my boss, Yosef Yitzchak ben Chasia who had a heart attack last night and is havein 5 time bypass surgery today.

Moshiach Noww!!!!! Help

supermom

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 3:52 pm
how did the surgery go?

Tovah

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 5:47 pm
I heard it went well may he have a speedily recovery.

lucy

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 9:06 pm
I also heard it went well B.H.

But I think that this is a major wake up call that we really need to take care our health in the frum cvommunity!!!!

queenie

Post Sun, Feb 27 2005, 9:55 pm
May he have a refuah shelema. But, I don't think this is a wake-up call for the frum community. The entire frum velt doesn't have a health problem.

lucy

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 8:58 pm
No offence Queenie but I totally don't agree with you. I think that within the frum communities there is a huger problem concerning health. People simply are not eating properly and there is very little physical activity done, rather looked upon (by some) as silly I don't have time for.
The're too manny stories of young men and women sufferring health problems where it could have been avoided if they simply would watch what they are eating and exercise a little (big talker the last time I went to the gym was hummmmmmm! embarrassed )

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 9:01 pm
Lucy sorry it is affecting secular society too, it is not just a frum phenomena Sad

lucy

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 9:09 pm
I'm not that sheltered!
But ( this will probably sound really horrible) aren't we a forum concerning frum society?
So that was what I was focussing on. Of course it is a problem concerninf the majority, if not more, of the world!

queenie

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 10:33 am
Lucy,

No offense taken. Why would there be? I am not sure how you come by so much private knowledge of the entire frum velt. How exactly do you know how much people exercise? Does that mean that skinny people are necessarily healthier or more fit?

Where I live there are 3 womens' only gyms and they are packed and a lot of people also attend private classes. Also, kosher bakeries are now carrying more and more whole grain and natural products. Kosher spelt products and gluton free products are also very popular. Many health food stores have started carrying a lot of kosher products too. I know a lot of people that travel and extra 15 minutes to go to a good organic fruit store.

I don't know if you are aware of what goes on in most frum schools but they have rules about the lunches and snacks that children bring. First off, there is a no sharing rule. This is done not only for kashrut but because many parents want only healthy lunches. Also, children are not allowed to bring junk food snacks to school. OR, if they are allowed it's only for afternoon recess. If the school does provide snacks it's usually fruit or cereal. That shows me that schools and the community is very involved in the nutritional needs of students. Also, in the winter there is even separate skating hours for both boys and girls. Bais Yaakov even has a pool that is used by the community too. Plus, the Jewish community centre has programs that are well used by men and women along with the local community centres.

So, as I said from the beginning, just where do you get this information? And yes? How much cardio, stretching and weight training did you do this week?

proudmom

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 6:23 pm
URGENT: PLEASE SAY TEHILLIM FOR CHAIM BEN SARAH
UNDERGOING SURGERY NOW

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 6:31 pm
Quote:
PLEASE SAY TEHILLIM FOR CHAIM BEN SARAH

And he should have a speedy Refuah

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 6:45 pm
lucy wrote:
But I think that this is a major wake up call that we really need to take care our health in the frum cvommunity!!!!

Confused
that's a new one! I thought the wake-up calls are to introspect and do teshuva!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics