Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lancet - vaccines study flawed...

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 1:34 am
they are looking into the original publisher that caused all the chaos, as to having ulterior motive.

http://www.google.com/hostedne.....xpc4w

any thoughts?

sky

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 1:15 pm
I was wondering why this wasn't being discussed. I was also curious if anybody still believes that MMR causes autism.

http://www.thelancet.com/journ.....-6736(02)07826-1/fulltext

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 3:22 pm
I know I posted it to see if there would be a discussion.

It's interesting that the response to the change, is that doctors are saying that it needs to be studied. That studies do not show if MMR does or does not cause autism.

chavamom

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 2:45 pm
Speaking of ulterior motives...

http://www.ageofautism.com/201......html

Quote:
An author of one of the most frequently cited “vaccines do not trigger autism” articles is Dr. Poul Thorsen. Well, well, well… this week we learned that Thorsen has allegedly absconded with approximately $2 million of CDC research money and is the target of an international police manhunt. We also learned that the Univ. of Aarhus, Denmark, where Thorsen was employed when conducting the studies (naturally in close cooperation w/ the CDC) has released a letter detailing Thorsen’s recently uncovered crimes. These crimes include but are not limited to: theft, forgery and assorted serious breaches of ethical norms.

Apparently Thorsen was a very, very busy scientist. He was simultaneously and secretly employed at the Univ of Aarhus, Emory University, Drexel University and as a “visiting scientist at the CDC.” Emory and Drexel have, some might say, inappropriately close relationships with the CDC. There appears to be very little room for independent or unbiased science at these research centers. All three are heavily invested in denying any relationships between vaccines and autism. The CDC owns numerous vaccine patents and Emory and Drexel receive tremendous financial support from vaccine companies.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 5:23 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
I know I posted it to see if there would be a discussion.

It's interesting that the response to the change, is that doctors are saying that it needs to be studied. That studies do not show if MMR does or does not cause autism.

The studies I've read ALWAYS say something along the lines of: "More research needed." That is swiftly turned around to: "No connection found," which can be, but is not necessarily, the same thing.

When someone denies the MMR-autism connection based on the studies, it makes me Rolling Eyes, because I know they've read the last line of the study and not the rest of it.

Plonis

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 5:28 pm
It's also overly simplistic to say that those of us who choose not to vaccinate our children are doing it ONLY because of this one study about autism... In fact there are many concerns, autism is only one (which has yet to be definitively proven either way).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics