Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How often to bathe my 1 week old

amother

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 3:17 am
how often? she still has her cord

Tamiri

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 3:21 am
what I remember from my baby books is that you "top and tail" them until the cord falls off. They don't need a bath. You can keep both ends clean with water from the faucet and that's all you need to do. Too much bathing (and the chemicals in soap) isn't so good for their skin anyway.
Mazal Tov.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 3:34 am
Tamiri wrote:
what I remember from my baby books is that you "top and tail" them until the cord falls off. They don't need a bath. You can keep both ends clean with water from the faucet and that's all you need to do. Too much bathing (and the chemicals in soap) isn't so good for their skin anyway.
Mazal Tov.

thank u!
im talking about sponge bathing, but how often? every morning/night? or is that to much already?

Tamiri

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 6:37 am
Do whatever you like. I always washed the baby's bottom after a BM because I didn't use wipes. I liked clean smelling hair so I did their heads as needed. Check ears for milk that got spit out and pooled there. Check neck creases. Hands and feet don't get dirty. I did the above over the sink (once I got smart after the first child) instead of filling a bath and holding the baby so the cord didn't get wet.

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 7:15 am
I don't like giving newborns a full bath everyday because their skin is so sensitive. I prefer to do a sponge bath every other day or so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics