Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
I asked the Rov a question he couldn't answer!!

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 11:16 am
Maybe I had too much time on my hands yesterday, but I want to gradually start covering full-time and asked the Rov if the following would be considered wearing a sheitel/covering:

If someone gets hair extensions/a weave (fake hair braided/sewn into your own), and you wear a hat over the roots which are your own hair, would this halachically be OK for covering?

He said he needs to investigate b/c he's not familiar with extensions or weaving, and if the hair is sewn into your hair, then it's becoming part of your body full-time (until it grows out in three months).

I think that if it's fake hair, then it's fake hair and thus OK for covering.

While I await my answer, I'm just curious what you ladies thought.

Gut Shabbos!

MrsDash

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 11:27 am
Yocheved84 wrote:
Maybe I had too much time on my hands yesterday, but I want to gradually start covering full-time and asked the Rov if the following would be considered wearing a sheitel/covering:

If someone gets hair extensions/a weave (fake hair braided/sewn into your own), and you wear a hat over the roots which are your own hair, would this halachically be OK for covering?

He said he needs to investigate b/c he's not familiar with extensions or weaving, and if the hair is sewn into your hair, then it's becoming part of your body full-time (until it grows out in three months).

I think that if it's fake hair, then it's fake hair and thus OK for covering.

While I await my answer, I'm just curious what you ladies thought.

Gut Shabbos!

I've never gotten them done, but have friends who used to do it. It can really damage your hair especially if it's not done properly. The "good" salons who perform this cost a whole lot of money. If you do get it done keep us posted on how it looks and feels. Good Shabbos to you too!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 12:35 pm
LOL I asked this a few years ago. It's perfect if less than a tefach of my hair is showing, I was told.
You also need to ask if you can toivel with extensions (I can, and did).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions