Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which double stroller?
1  2  3  Next

momomom

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 11:34 pm
I'm expecting my baby in 6 weeks and I have a 15 month old. I'm looking into double strollers and just wanted to hear opinions about which one to get.
I want a light, easy to push, not big but durable. I'll be doing a fairly nice amount of walking (going out every day).

Any ideas, success with any?

Thanx!

klotzkashe

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 5:48 am
I have a double mountain buggy (not light) but extreeeeeeemly easy to push even on long walks with heavy kids (my son isl ike 36lbs and my daughter is 13lbs)

It fits thru all external doors and if you buy the elite design is has suspension so the kids dont feel the bumps and you can rock them too.

it's expensive, but since your kids will be so close tog. youll use it for ages (my kids also 15 mos. apart)

I love it...but if your'e looking specifically for light..then maybe it's not hte way to go.
nu...stam sharing w. u my experience

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 5:58 am
I have mamas and papas (also called peg perego) double aria. It is light, folds up very small (I can fit it in front of the seats in the car) but bits and pieces tend to keep falling off.

realeez

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 7:22 am
I have an Aria Twin but I found that as the kids got bigger it was impossible to push - and my kids are not big!

(This won't help you much but we LOVE the double valco)

LikeMeDoes

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:25 am
momomom you could've been me except for a few small differences!
I've done a bit of asking around and double strollers seem to be either bulky and heavy or you could get the maclaren which ppl I know seem to be pretty happy with.

red sea

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 10:17 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....b6895

you can read this too

JMto2

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 10:47 am
I have the valco double stroller and I am extremely not happy with it and I know many that are not either I do not recommend it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 11:00 am
I don't think the OP wants a jogging stroller -- they're not light!
And while the Aria is light, it's not durable.
The Maclaren is ok, not great, but suits its purpose and usable from newborn.
The Inglesina Twin Swift is not officially supported for newborns, but people say if you put in blankets or use a car seat in it, it works...and it's cheaper than the MacLaren.

This is just from my observations Smile

Yosefa

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 1:50 pm
Side-by-side or tandum? I'm also in the market for a double, but I'm a pretty small person and I can't picture pushing a side-by-side. We also have world's smallest trunk. We have a Graco right now and it barely fits, but I've been more than satisfied with it and I don't want to spend a lit.

If you get a side-by-side, do you have to keep them in something that holds the infant carrier until they can sit better?

shayna82

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 1:54 pm
yosefa, I have a front to back evenflo, and its such junk. dont get it. I hardly used it, it was a mistak to get it in the first place, when yomin was born, dovid was almost 2 years and loved to walk on his own. now I dont even use it, im actualyl trying to sell it. anywa, I liked the front to back, the kids dont bother each other, and its thin, you can get into any store. but dont get this one, its a waste of 100 bucks when you can get a nicer one for a little more.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 2:03 pm
Yosefa wrote:
Side-by-side or tandum? I'm also in the market for a double, but I'm a pretty small person and I can't picture pushing a side-by-side. We also have world's smallest trunk. We have a Graco right now and it barely fits, but I've been more than satisfied with it and I don't want to spend a lit.

If you get a side-by-side, do you have to keep them in something that holds the infant carrier until they can sit better?
the maclaren and inglesina side by sides are umbrella folds, which take up a third of trunk space. about as big as a bag of golf clubs.
There are other double umbrellas out there like chicco, but not for newborns.

MovinMom

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 2:07 pm
JMto2- Why are you not happy with the valco, until now I thought everyone was so happy with it. Please tell me its cons.

JMto2

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 2:14 pm
No Problem Chum I will tell you why I do not and many others do not like the valco
* They do not give service the company
* It breaks easiily
*the wheels give probs constantly bumping into one another
* hard to fold
* Heavy
*the way it lays down is not easy at all to do and never even
*and no room to put bags or anything like it.

That is all I can think of at the moment I am really not happy after spending $500 it is really bad and whoever I speak to that has it says the same I would not get it again if I needed a double stroller

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 2:16 pm
I had a 21 ½ month old and got a tandem, thinking he was so big, he’d be walking in no time…..the carriage was heavy, to say the least. At some point I put the baby in the front and the older child in back to even things out. It was hard.

A tandem is MUCH cheaper, though. It all depends on how much you use it….there also wasn’t much storage underneath.

MovinMom

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 2:34 pm
thanks J
the prob is I have never heard of someone that is 100% happy with a double stroller! Never!
I actually have a scwinn double jogger. I don't use it every day because I have a 3 year old that likes to walk sometimes and I don't use it in malls... I use it outside and to go on trips etc.. I do love it. My only cons are that it doesnt fit through all doors.... and its kinda bulky... but being that I didnt pay that much I think it was a great buy and is pretty good quality- solid and sturdy. I don't like the flimsy plasticky kind. I don't knwo of any perfect stroller- except the single maclaren one.

JMto2

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 2:42 pm
Its funny because I was advised not to get a maclaren I believe with this people are happy an not its 50-50 but regardind a double I heard about people happy with the graco they say for that price you get your moneys worth I heard about the shwinn but one thing I heard about is not fitting through doors.

realeez

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 6:34 pm
I have the valco & the only thing I wish is that it had a bigger basket underneath. in terms of folding, no big double can fold small and mine doesn't go in the van that often anyways. I have a 3rd seat attachment so mine is even "heavier" and haven't had issues w/ wheels bumping into eachother. I've used mine a lot in the past 9-10 months and haven't had issues with breaking.
It's under store warranty for a couple of years so I couldn't imagine that being a problem.
My Aria Twin had 2 broken baskets, a broken bar, and broken brake!

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 8:48 pm
I have a double graco side by side. It is much lighter than the graco tandem. It has huge baskets, and is very durable. we just got a mini van, but till now, it fit very nicely in my tiny little ford car. It is also cheap, (I paid 125.00 4 years ago.) I hate tandems, because they are very hard to steer, if you plan on oly walking strait and never turning, get a tandem. the graco side by side is not light, but it is definately manageable. I like it much better than the maclaran, and the aria.

Personally if I had had the money I would have gone for the mountain buggy because it is a dream to push. The valco is also very popular here.

happy

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 10:46 pm
the perfect double stroller hasen't been invented yet.

realeez

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 10:50 pm
the best solution sometimes is 2 double strollers - one for walking and one for the car.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics