Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which double stroller?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Yosefa

Post Fri, Jun 30 2006, 3:29 pm
That's a nice idea, but our current stroller barely fits in our apt. We keep in the kitchen. If I accidently leave it in the car, the groceries don't fit, so having two would be worse.

momomom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2006, 12:59 am
What about the Inglesina or maclaren? Any luck with those? Also, I have to bump it up stairs is the valco hard to bump up? Aboiut 7 steps. Now it's hard with a single being pregnant...

yoyosma

Post Sun, Jul 02 2006, 1:11 am
A good website to check out is baby-gaga.com
They have reviews on strollers, and Valco does NOT get such great ratings. My sister has a Valco, it has broken twice on her. Once the canopy just snapped off, and once she was bumping it up the steps and the wheel base BROKE IN HALF!!!!!! Yes, maybe bumping up the steps isnt smart, but its an All-Terrain stroller and should be able to take much worse.
A few mom's on Kingston have the Baby Jogger and they love it. Equal in price to Valco, but it has no accessories, like the MBUD, which people RAVE about.
Aria is junk. So many people I know buy it because its light, but they end up hating it. Same with Maclaren, its hard to push. Inglesina doesnt recline fully. Good luck!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:36 am
yoyosma wrote:
A good website to check out is baby-gaga.com
They have reviews on strollers, and Valco does NOT get such great ratings. My sister has a Valco, it has broken twice on her. Once the canopy just snapped off, and once she was bumping it up the steps and the wheel base BROKE IN HALF!!!!!! Yes, maybe bumping up the steps isnt smart, but its an All-Terrain stroller and should be able to take much worse.
A few mom's on Kingston have the Baby Jogger and they love it. Equal in price to Valco, but it has no accessories, like the MBUD, which people RAVE about.
Aria is junk. So many people I know buy it because its light, but they end up hating it. Same with Maclaren, its hard to push. Inglesina doesnt recline fully. Good luck!!
If you're gonna get a junk double, I suggest the Combi -- much cheaper than the Aria, folds nicely, and when it breaks, you didn't waste as much money Wink Also, it's suitable from birth.

coolmama

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 4:38 pm
In my opinion the Phil and Ted double stroller is the best double stroller out yet. It is as thin as a single stroller and the smaller baby can sit in the main seat. The toddler can sit behind, which this seat can also be removed when not needed and then it's just a simple single three wheeler stroller. Very cool looking too. Google for "Phil and Ted double stroller"

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 4:52 pm
Quote:
In my opinion the Phil and Ted double stroller

Imo it look like time out for the baby. Exclamation Like a punishment to be put in the cargo area how mean were the designers Exploding anger

The peg perego aria is very light so mechaya to travel with via plane or car. But wait till they want to climb in themselves at about 18mnths and if you r not carefull it will topple so that is too light imo.

The valco my sis has and she bought it only a yr ago. a) it's so heavy to travel with b)And unless you constantly pump the wheel and clean the top part then it wont swivel and that frame is too heavy to tilt and turn say like other ones.. Not maintenance free imo.

But it all depends what you want it for. sturdy strollers are in large heavier to push granted but atleast you can rest asured when they climb in and out themselves you won't worry about it tipping. I like the tandem just b/c you get can in everywhere .

Tovah

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 9:30 pm
I have the aria twin and hate it.
the wheels don't work pieces keep coming off and if u don't have twins like ur not the stroller will drive towards the heavier child plus when they get bigger u will feel like u are pushing a train that will brake.

get a jogger look for a light one that's easy to fold.

cip

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 12:40 am
tefilla: I feel the same about the phil&teds. child abuse Crying my kid loves to watch the passing scenery while I walk.

realeez

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 10:09 am
Tefila, the Aria twin isn't that great - as soon as both my kids hit about 20 lbs, I may as well have just dragged them on the floor it was so hard to push. I have the double valco with a 3rd seat attachment and I have had to pump it 2x in almost 1.5 years of constant use. I don't see any real maintenance problems. It weighs as much as a double tandem Graco so if people travel with that, they can surely travel with the valco.

mommy7525

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 4:33 am
I have the phil and teds, and only used the back till my baby was two months old or sleeping, I love it, I would definitely buy it again

sugaray

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 7:25 pm
im also looking to buy a double stroller and so far, the combi is looking like the one. im looking for something light and easy to travel with but also something I can take a walk with. I dont want to spend a crazy amount (although thats relative). one person mentioned that it is not durable. I havent heard that from anyone else (but have heard that about the combi single stroller) but then, I only know 2 ppl who have it (one for 3 years and one for a little over 2 years).
does anyone have anything to say about the combi double? I havent bought anything yet and would appreciate any input.

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 7:40 pm
I have (had) the combi double and for the most part I loved it. It's very lightweight, and folds compactly. It can get through standard doorways, and I find it easier to steer than front-to-back. I like the push bar, as opposed to handles.

However, it is not so sturdy, and can get hard to push if you have any kind of irregular surface. Also when the kids are way different weights it kind of veers off to the heavier side.

AND, mine just broke! It was way below freezing out, and when we went over a bump one of the wheels broke off (the plastic part where the wheel attaches). This also happened to a friend of mine. Now I am not sure I want to pay to have it repaired, if that will happen again.

PIP

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 8:42 pm
Meema2Kids, You must have the older version of the combi stroller. When I was looking into buying my double a few years ago, They came out with a new model of the combi looks the same and all but they fixed up the little problems. I know a lot of people whos wheels snapped off and the pushing bar broke, but the 2003 model and up (maybe 2004 I dont remember which one I got) were upgraded and these problems were fixed. I have a combi now for about 3 years and I love it! Not to mention I used it in the rain and snow, and left it outside and it got poured on and its still in excellent condition! I love my combi, its lightweight and maneuvers great! I never had any problems with it. Even though its not meant to put a carseat in it, I always have and its still works great! (I think now they make them that the combi crseat will fit in the stroller)

Overall, I say I love my combi and would reccomend it to anyone! Most of my SILs bought it after me and also love it!

queen

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 9:19 pm
It's a tough call and we're starting to look out for a double stroller too.
I want a durable double that will push easily as I plan to go for long walks daily with the kids bezH.
The only pain will be getting it into (& out) of the house each day Sad

But correct me if I'm wrong- what we're finding is:
Good for walking=heavy and about $500
I'd better sign off this site now and go plant our money tree......

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 9:25 pm
I'm very happy with my twin maclaren. Light, doesnt take up too much room, fits in trunk, great for malls and is ok for walking - if it's not too much or too far or too often... My kids are 18 mos and almost three and still use it.

Helani

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 9:35 pm
I just saw this one in a magazine today, and liked the description. http://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft.....=1-14 I have a Graco DuoGlider that's been working just fine for me, and cost only $90 since I got a floor model.

happymom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:01 pm
I am also looking for a good double stroller. I came across this one and it looks so good, but who knows if it really is?? what do u guys think?

http://www.elitecarseats.com/G.....N0000

happymom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:18 pm
Helani, that stroller does look good, but I read reviews that say the stroller really isnt that great...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 12 2007, 12:08 pm
I got the Combi Twin Savvy.

Why I needed it:
As a very petite person and living on the top floor of our building (2 flights up), shlepping had to be manageable. At 21 lbs., this was one of the lightest side by sides.
I needed side by side since I find it very hard to manage pushing tandems.
I needed one to fit in our trunk -- and an umbrella fold is a big plus. We just went for Pesach -- 5 people in our car, double stroller, and luggage for the entire Pesach for us. With a different fold, I don't think we could have managed. BTW, this also has a flat fold if that helps save space, and the tri-fold is just one extra step.
I prefer bars, as when my hands get tired, I can steer with one hand, but it wasn't a must.
I wanted one that could be used for newborns, and so many double strollers said for 6 months and up.
As a short mommy, I needed one comfortable to push for long lengths of time. The MacLaren was just too tall for me.
Price was a factor, but it really boiled down to practicality.

What I don't like about it:
1st stroller came with a little piece broken which made me wary as it's made out of plastic, but the replacement is fine, and seems to be holding up well. Others have said theirs lasted for a while, and the Peg Perego Aria which is lighter doesn't seem to have made too many of my friends happy.
Baskets are really pathetic -- hard to access, bar in the middle. I put hooks on the stroller and use those for the most part.
Seat doesn't sit up all the way. I thought my toddler wouldn't mind, but he does at times, which makes it hard, but taller kids will probably be able to reach the bar to pull themselves up if necessary.
Small wheels, but what can you expect from a compact, lightweight stroller?

It does steer nicely, with three sets of wheels, folds well, is relatively lightweight and very portable. Basically it suits its purpose. I got mine pretty cheap by getting last year's model. The only thing they changed between 2006 and 2007 is the color! Why should I pay an extra $80 for that?!

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Apr 12 2007, 12:50 pm
HY - I figured out how to put my diaper bag on the push bar. I hang it on one half, un-velcro the middle part of the cupholder contraption, then velcro it back with the diaper bag strap inside. (Is that clear?) I have a big diaper bag so I basically carry all my stuff in that instead of the baskets.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics