Home

Self cleaning/Kashering Oven for Pareve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 05 2006, 10:29 am       Post subject: Self cleaning/Kashering Oven for Pareve
Does anyone burn out their oven on a regular basis to make it Pareve for challah etc baking?

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 05 2006, 5:22 pm       Post subject:
my Rav says the 15 minutes of pre-heating (at let's say 350') makes your oven okay for Pareve baking (that's not for switching it from milchig to fleishig or v.v.)

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 05 2006, 5:29 pm       Post subject:
I only know the rules for Pesach, that you have to use a higher heat than you've used all year, and then it has to be at least the length of time that'd you have used it for chometz.

anyway, I can ask a rov the "rules", I just want to know if people actualy do it on a regular basis and what is their schedule, like do theymake their chicken on wed. or some such.

Meema2Kids

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 05 2006, 5:33 pm       Post subject: re: Self cleaning/Kashering Oven for Pareve
I know a couple of people who bake challah, then cook fleishig in the oven and turn it back to parve the next week. I think it would be hard to keep track of but maybe if you had a regular routine....

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 06 2006, 10:48 am       Post subject:
they must kasher right after shabbos, then, to make it pareve. and then keep it pareve.

I don't think that's practical for us.

Mommy3.5

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 06 2006, 9:54 pm       Post subject: re: Self cleaning/Kashering Oven for Pareve
according to whom I asked, you don't have to wait 24 hours before kashering an oven, I also don't self clean that often cause it makes everything hot and stinky....
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 1 of 1