Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Any recipes for angel hair pasta?

SivanMom

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 2:28 pm
I'm looking for a recipe for angel hair pasta. What I don't want is tomato sauce or "cream" recipes. Though cheese would be fine as an ingredient, not melted to make it creamy. (For example, crumbled feta would be fine). It can be either side or main. Dairy or meat. It can have fish or chicken or meat (is there such a thing) in it. No spinach. DH specifically mentioned an olive oil based sauce on it, but that wouldn't be necessary. Any ideas? Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 2:30 pm
garlic parsley?
sesame soy?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 2:35 pm
I'm not sure where you are located but this might be something they sell everywhere. (You can also probably make it yourself.) Lately I have been buying bruschetta topping from the grocery store and using it instead of marinara sauce. I find it to be much lighter and it has lots of flavor. My grocery store sells it by the hummos and other dips. HTH.

suzyq

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 2:44 pm
I have a recipe for angel hair pasta salad:

1 package angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
1 bag shredded purple cabbage (I don't usually use an entire bag)
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup sesame seeds
6 scallions, sliced

dressing -
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar (I use splenda, and not 3/4 cups worth)
1/2 cup vinegar

You could also add chicken or salmon on top of this to make it more of a main dish. My friends always ask me for the recipe when I make it for them.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 2:46 pm
Pesto!!!

SivanMom

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 4:12 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I'm not sure where you are located but this might be something they sell everywhere. (You can also probably make it yourself.) Lately I have been buying bruschetta topping from the grocery store and using it instead of marinara sauce. I find it to be much lighter and it has lots of flavor. My grocery store sells it by the hummos and other dips. HTH.

Um... What's bruschetta? Does it have tomatoes. I forgot to mention that DS is allergic to tomatoes. So unless it can be added after I serve him, I can't use tomatoes in the recipe.

suzyq wrote:
I have a recipe for angel hair pasta salad:

1 package angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
1 bag shredded purple cabbage (I don't usually use an entire bag)
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup sesame seeds
6 scallions, sliced

I've made this before and I love it. DH likes it too, but he asked for a change this time. Hence the request for recipes. He isn't a pasta fan and I am, so I'm hoping to find something we both like.

Pesto sounds interesting. Do you have a recipe for it, or do you buy a ready one from the store? And is there a way I can make it more of a main than a side?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 4:15 pm
Roast a whole bulb of garlic.

Dice an eggplant, dredge in seasoned flour and either fry until golden brown or toss with oil (after dredging) and bake until golden brown.

Peel the garlic and toss it and the eggplant with the pasta. Add a bit of olive oil to coat evenly.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 9:55 am
If tomatoes are off limits, I second the pesto idea. I have made it with all kinds of greens like basil spinach and arugala. I cant find a specific recipe now but any recipe website will have tons of them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes