Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
[b]How Do You Feel About Dogs As Family Pets??![/b]
Previous  1  2  3

How Do YOU feel About Pet Dogs?
YES! We have a dog and we love him/her!  
 17%  [ 9 ]
NO WAY--We are not dog people!  
 58%  [ 30 ]
We are seriously considering owning a dog.  
 13%  [ 7 ]
They all want a dog except me!  
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 51

Yakira

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 3:05 pm
jewels, how awful? What would make a dog bite a human? is that something they do often or just in certain situations?

small bean

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 3:15 pm
my kids want a dog so badly. I don't like them at all.. but whenever we see a dog - I stop and let them pet it... we do have 3 cats - that live outside - I refuse to let them in.

my husband is waiting for me to mellow.

jewels

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 3:31 pm
Yakira wrote:
jewels, how awful? What would make a dog bite a human? is that something they do often or just in certain situations?

So its interesting. In this case with this dog we found out after that the dog had a record on his license that he had attacked his previous owner's child on her face, severely injuring her. It seems like because of this he was not supposed to be around children (these people who got him did not have kids although she was pregnant at the time). They didn't tell us any of this so we had no reason to be afraid. Also when animal control came to pick it up afterwards they told us that while this particular breed looks very cuddly and cute it's actually very temperamental and known to be very aggressive. They warned my neighbor when they saw she was expecting that it would definitely bite again and it would just keep getting worse. My husband wanted to have the dog put down-after seeing your child with her face bitten up and having her tied down so she can be stitched up, you just want the animal dead. However the owners begged us not to push for it because they were so attached to it and my husband agreed. My daughter was sitting on the floor playing with toys when it happened-she was literally right next to my chair. He jumped on her and pushed her down, and her owner had to pry his mouth open to get him to release her. Maybe the dog got jealous and was threatened by her? I'm not really sure-but it was horrible and something nobody should have to go through. Again I don't think most dogs are like that, even with breeds that are considered agressive.

Yakira

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 3:47 pm
Is this the same dog that barks at 6 AM? Wink

jewels

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 3:58 pm
Yakira wrote:

LOL different dog, different neighbors, different city. Anyway you're all mixed up - it's the motorcycle at 6am, the dog that barks all day and the husband that doesn't think his wife is the most gorgeous girl in the world LOL LOL

Yakira

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 4:00 pm
jewels wrote:
Yakira wrote:

LOL different dog, different neighbors, different city. Anyway you're all mixed up - it's the motorcycle at 6am, the dog that barks all day and the husband that doesn't think his wife is the most gorgeous girl in the world LOL LOL

LOL Thumbs Up Scratching Head

jewels

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 4:04 pm
Yakira wrote:
jewels wrote:
Yakira wrote:

LOL Thumbs Up Scratching Head

Rolling Laughter

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 8:30 pm
Tamiri wrote:
I recently allowed hamsters. If they don't behave I can feed them to the forest. With dogs, it's more difficult.

I let my husband get 3 hamsters. They kept having babies, abd when we had 12 hamsters, we tried to get rid of them but noone wanted to buy them off of us. We finally gave them back to the pet store for almost nothing.

Shifra47

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 12:05 am
nothing like have a dog.. they become part of the family

kyf

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 1:51 pm
DOGS ARE AMAZING! They clean the crumbs the kids drop faster than a mop or vacuum, they cuddle with you when your sick, and they bark when strangers are coming near the house.
Dogs are WAYYY better than cats!

bwaybabe85

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 3:24 pm
I have a dog... a little 8 lb Maltese. She's fluffy and loving and super cuddly. she loves to sit on laps and to give kissies (she'll sit there and lick me for 20 minutes straight!). Yes, she is expensive - a small 4 lb bag of dog food is $13, dental chews are $7 a bag, grooming every other month is $50, wee wee pads are $30 a box, pet insurance is $300 a year, yearly vet checkup & dental cleaning comes out to almost $500, etc etc etc. But it's sooo worth it for the unconditional love!!!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics