Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
ISO clothing for my 7 year old daughter
1  2  Next

bashinda

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 9:21 pm
I'm desperately in need of either an online store that really does have tsnius clothing for my 7 year old which is affordable. Either that or affordable stores to go to in BP or Midwood. I've been lazy since she was in uniform all school year and now that summer is here I realize she desperately needs tops and skirts. Children's place this year is just not up to our standards unfortunately. I don't mind getting simple tees from jiffyshirts.com and then maybe I could layer them with a shirt from children's place but I would prefer not to have to layer.

At the same time I need stores with a reasonable selection. I'll go to Rosenbergs but I know that's not going to be enough and I end up having problems with their skirts as well. So I'm looking for a store that charges perhaps a little more than Rosenbergs but have fairly long lasting clothing either a brick and mortar store or online. Or a store that has summer dresses might be even better as my daughter is skinny but of average height so a lot of time the skirts are too loose on her.

TIA!

OldYoung

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:11 pm
Would the long-sleeve polos on here work?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....49293

bashinda

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:13 pm
they look a little warm for summer but certainly covers the tsnius criteria. Thanks!

Alef Bais

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:21 pm
I noticed Junee Junior is on sale now. What I like about Junees is they have real sales (not the usual BP I'll do you a favor and take $2 off sale) Maybe you'll find something there. Also, their outlet store is open on Coney Island Ave. for the last week and everything is 2 for 1 now. I was there yesterday and they had some pretty girls black slinky skirts for very cheap.

bashinda

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 4:40 am
can you believe I still haven't gone shopping for her? Poor girl. I just checked children's place's new clothing for fall and they haven't improved. The patterns are tacky and the lengths are short and I think I'm going to have to spend the big bucks in Boro Park soon. So now I need stores in BP which are fairly reasonably priced. I know about Rosenbergs. I guess I'll be using CP for accessories and boys clothes only for now.

I just read the subject line and laughed though. Instead of typing 7 year old I typed 7th year old daughter which sounds like either this is the the 7th time I've had a one year old daughter, halevai, or maybe I have 7 one year old daughters which means I had no time to write the post at all.

AlefBeis, I don't know why I didn't read your post about Junees Jr. I will check them out, IY"H. Thanks!

mother48

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 9:47 am
BasHinda, go back to Old Navy!! The patterned polo tops are of the lightest material. I just got every color for my dd! The polo ones are also not to bad. also, old navy is 20% off for card holders now, so buy now.

as far as skirts, good luck. you'll have to try the jewish stores for that.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 9:51 am
bashinda wrote:
can you believe I still haven't gone shopping for her? Poor girl. I just checked children's place's new clothing for fall and they haven't improved. The patterns are tacky and the lengths are short and I think I'm going to have to spend the big bucks in Boro Park soon. So now I need stores in BP which are fairly reasonably priced. I know about Rosenbergs. I guess I'll be using CP for accessories and boys clothes only for now.

I just read the subject line and laughed though. Instead of typing 7 year old I typed 7th year old daughter which sounds like either this is the the 7th time I've had a one year old daughter, halevai, or maybe I have 7 one year old daughters which means I had no time to write the post at all.

AlefBeis, I don't know why I didn't read your post about Junees Jr. I will check them out, IY"H. Thanks!

Children's Place shirts looked fine to me, well only solid color cotton long sleeved. The dresses and skirts are silly so far. Lands End has some new dresses in that are lovely and below the knee, but they are not on sale yet unless you can find a promo code. We have them from 2 years ago and they still fit (bought them long) and held up extremely well.

Occasionally kohls will have nice things, and they are having a good sale with free shipping over $75 and you can google a promo code for an additional 10-30% off. I got great stuff yesterday courtesy of MIL. Originally more than $130, it was $80 when finished. They have great school shoes as does Children's Place if you just want plain navy/brown/black.

**As far as skirts go, when Kinderific was in CH I used to get lovely skirts for my girls there. They relocated to BP. Also check Gymboree, they had some nice clothing but I don't know if it was on sale. I haven't bought from there.

Last edited by Tehilla on Thu, Jul 15 2010, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

jewels

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 9:58 am
Target has lots of dresses and usually they are a good length. My daughter's tall so I also have a hard time but Target really had a good selection. J. Crew's children's line Crewcuts is also great but they tend to be more expensive so you normally have to wait for them to go on sale. Gymboree opened a new line of stores called Crazy 8 that is much cheaper then their Gymboree or Janie and Jack line. I've gotten some really nice cheap things by them in the past. Good luck!

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:02 am
jewels wrote:
Target has lots of dresses and usually they are a good length. My daughter's tall so I also have a hard time but Target really had a good selection. J. Crew's children's line Crewcuts is also great but they tend to be more expensive so you normally have to wait for them to go on sale. Gymboree opened a new line of stores called Crazy 8 that is much cheaper then their Gymboree or Janie and Jack line. I've gotten some really nice cheap things by them in the past. Good luck!

Yes, both my girls are tall. It's true I just saw some nice dresses at Target!

jewels

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:10 am
Tehilla wrote:
jewels wrote:

Yes, both my girls are tall. It's true I just saw some nice dresses at Target!

I know! They was really well also and the quality is surprisingly good. They also had some really cute skirts that just just made it to that tznius length.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:16 am
I got great skirts for my girls a couple of months ago, but didn't see new ones. I wonder if we're still talking about the same ones anyway. Smile

bashinda, here's the link for the page that has three beautiful dresses on it. They also have Shabbos dresses on other pages. At the bottom of the one I'm giving you has 3 gorgeous dresses that will look beautiful with a long sleeved top underneath. They have some really nice zip up sweater cardigans that would accent nicely for cooler weather.

http://www.target.com/b/ref=in.....d-bin

I still haven't figured out how to hyperlink here, much to my embarrassed .

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:18 am
What about this?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Sta.....index

Or this?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Ple.....index

Or this

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Sol.....index

Or this with a long sleeve tee underneath:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Sho.....index

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Sho.....index

The quality is good and they have a great returning policy.

jewels

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:19 am
Tehilla wrote:
I got great skirts for my girls a couple of months ago, but didn't see new ones. I wonder if we're still talking about the same ones anyway. Smile

bashinda, here's the link for the page that has three beautiful dresses on it. They also have Shabbos dresses on other pages. At the bottom of the one I'm giving you has 3 gorgeous dresses that will look beautiful with a long sleeved top underneath. They have some really nice zip up sweater cardigans that would accent nicely for cooler weather.

http://www.target.com/b/ref=in.....d-bin

I still haven't figured out how to hyperlink here, much to my embarrassed .

I also got mine about a month ago - it was a peasant skirt? Came in a few colors? Anyway they do have alot to choose from but different things online and in the stores. If you have a Target near you it pays to run in and check it out.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:21 am
These are the dresses my girls LOVED from Lands End, and held up with hard wear (still going strong) for 2 years.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Lon.....index

We're about to get more soon. I can't remember if I paid full price, but for 2 years and on of use, it would be worth it.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:26 am
jewels wrote:
I also got mine about a month ago - it was a peasant skirt? Came in a few colors? Anyway they do have alot to choose from but different things online and in the stores. If you have a Target near you it pays to run in and check it out.

Sounds like the same! And the bolded part is so true. They aren't so good about having everything exactly the same online & in store.

Last edited by Tehilla on Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:26 am
Tehilla wrote:
These are the dresses my girls LOVED from Lands End, and held up with hard wear (still going strong) for 2 years.

We're about to get more soon. I can't remember if I paid full price, but for 2 years and on of use, it would be worth it.

Those dresses are very cute, but on my girls the necklines are never kosher. It's a bummer to have to wear another shirt under something like that.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:28 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:
Tehilla wrote:

Those dresses are very cute, but on my girls the necklines are never kosher. It's a bummer to have to wear another shirt under something like that.

I got very thin white undershirts from Kohls. They're lightweight with a kosher neckline, and my girls have never complained about wearing them under the dresses. You're right though, I forgot to mention that.

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:30 am
Oh, that sounds like a good solution. Maybe I should look around for undershirts like that. Layering is okay for Winter, but not now!

pecan

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:32 am
If you look at gymboree's sale items, there are sometimes tznius and good quality skirts. I order from there when I see them and it's still cheaper than the standard frum stores here which run 35 and up for a skirt.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:34 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:
Oh, that sounds like a good solution. Maybe I should look around for undershirts like that. Layering is okay for Winter, but not now!

These are what worked for us:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStor.....s.jsp
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains