Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Frustrated about my mattress

sporty

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 3:16 pm
Weird title, sorry - I didn't know how else to describe it but basically DH and I are married for 3 years so we got our mattresses right before our wedding. We went to sleepy's and bough these serta pillow top extra long twin beds (DH is tall) and they were not cheap. Of course, you assume that it's going to last 10 years at least. The salesman told us to buy their mattress protectors and not ones from elsewhere otherwise our warranty would be void so we listened to him.
Now just 3 years later my bed is on a slant with one side much higher than the other. It's VERY uncomfortable and recently my back started to ache from it so DH and I called sleepy's and they sent someone over to measure and inspect. I got a call today saying our warranty is void because the mattress has a stain.
Now I need to replace a 3 year old expensive mattress - and my bed will not be the same as my husbands because serta discontinued this kind. I guess that isn't so major but I am very upset that we have to go spend more money when this mattress is not even old Sad
Has this ever happened to anyone? The need to replace such a fairly new mattress?

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 3:21 pm
They might be saying that because you aren't wiser, but I really would be surprised if a 'slant' in a mattress is not valid warranty issue because of a stain. Do you have your warranty notes? Can you read and see if it says void if stained? That's insane IMO. You might just have to fight this.

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 3:25 pm
I'm with LG here. Sounds odd to me. I'd really look into the warranty and read it word for word.

sporty

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 3:37 pm
The lady on the phone told me stains automatically void mattress warranties. She told me had I seen the stain and called the company we got the protectors from, they would have come, removed the stain, and then I could have called them to inspect the mattress. Since I didn't know that it's too late.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 4:05 pm
sporty wrote:
The lady on the phone told me stains automatically void mattress warranties. She told me had I seen the stain and called the company we got the protectors from, they would have come, removed the stain, and then I could have called them to inspect the mattress. Since I didn't know that it's too late.

If I were you, I'd try to speak with a manager. If you don't have any success, I'd suggest that you register a complaint with the Better Business Bureau -- it has helped us several times in a dispute with a merchant.

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 4:07 pm
Don't. Buy. It. They think that most customers won't do all the legwork of finding out if this is true and just buy their lies. Read the warranty, google this issue and see if there were others that complained about it, and threaten to call BBB if need be.

sporty

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 4:34 pm
Thanks everyone. I will work on this.

To add to this - when I first started feeling back pain, I called sleepy's 1800 number and reached a guy who told me I would get nothing for my mattress because something about serta's only having a 3 year warranty so he was trying to sell me a new mattress and I kept saying no, this mattress is just 3 years old it cant be that I should have to replace it. When he finally let me hang up without making the sale, then I had DH call back and he reached someone else who said they would send someone to my house to inspect the mattress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics