Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Very modest bathing suit
1  2  Next

queen

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 11:52 pm
Does anyone have experience with these tznius bathing suits for ladies?

http://www.aquamodesta.net/STYLE%202614.html

I'm considering purchasing one and would want to hear from others who have as it's not a cheap item.

Rima

Post Sun, Jul 11 2010, 11:58 pm
they look real nice I dont have it!! its pretty

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 12:05 am
Does not look safe for swimming.

luvsdarkchocolate

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 12:21 am
This is another company that makes tznius bathing suits. I know a number of women that have them and swim in them.

http://www.hydrochic.com/hychmixmase.html

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:55 am
Skirts in the water are dangerous. I was a lifeguard for several summers and now again over the years and I've seen people get tangled up in skirts in the deep water. Wearing shorts or a skort (also short) is a better idea. If you do decide on the skirt, stay in water that is no deeper than sitting level for you.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 3:39 am
I'm also a lifegaurd, and I swim in a modest suit. I don't find it difficult at all. The skirt material is very lightweight, and it's not long enough for me to get caught up in. I wouldn't go swimming in a cotton skirt or a robe, but I see nothing wrong with a modest suit made from swimsuit material. This is the type I have. The one I have is first (red) suit.

http://www.modestswimwear4u.co.....ction

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 4:58 am
If I were in the market for a tznius swimsuit, I'd go with the aquamodesta. It would be a sleeker fit than what I have now, which is a Lands End coverup on top of a not-tznius swimsuit.
Lands End Coverup
(I swim only among women.)

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 7:20 am
I have an aquamodesta, one of the solid colour styles. I like the one you posted much better though! I've swum in mine absolutely no problem, I don't think that length skirt is dangerous. Maybe a long skirt that can get waterlogged is not safe, these are made of swimming costume material.

it's a shame you can't buy just the skirt and leggings peice, since you can get those swimming tops anywhere.

drumjj

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 7:38 am
they are so expensive wow. raisin where do u swim in such a thing

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 7:43 am
drumjj wrote:
they are so expensive wow. raisin where do u swim in such a thing

we rented a house with a private pool. But I was paranoid in case men wondered in. There was an adjoining house and it could have happened.

the one I got was cheaper, but still expensive.

pina colada

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 7:47 am
junees has modest swim dresses for less:

http://www.junees.com/category.php?id=23

but the aqua modesta appears to have a sleeker fit

mamommommy

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 9:39 am
Just make sure that you know what you're buying. A lot of the "modest bathing suits" are just a swim cover made of bathing suit material and you still need to wear a bathing suit underneath. Even some of the ones that have a shirt and skirt style, don't come with any support on top, or may not come with an attached panty, so you still need to add bathing suit parts. I don't know about all of the specific ones that people posted here, but just make sure to check first.

I have the aquamodesta and I bought it because it comes with everything you need. You don't need to wear other bathing suit parts. It's also cool that it has the capri leggings underneath so that even if the skirt goes up a tiny bit while swimming, your legs are still covered. The drawbacks are that there are many pieces to it and also that when you're not wet, the leggings make you hot! Otherwise, it's a good purchase.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 9:53 am
mamommommy wrote:
Just make sure that you know what you're buying. A lot of the "modest bathing suits" are just a swim cover made of bathing suit material and you still need to wear a bathing suit underneath. Even some of the ones that have a shirt and skirt style, don't come with any support on top, or may not come with an attached panty, so you still need to add bathing suit parts. I don't know about all of the specific ones that people posted here, but just make sure to check first.

I have the aquamodesta and I bought it because it comes with everything you need. You don't need to wear other bathing suit parts. It's also cool that it has the capri leggings underneath so that even if the skirt goes up a tiny bit while swimming, your legs are still covered. The drawbacks are that there are many pieces to it and also that when you're not wet, the leggings make you hot! Otherwise, it's a good purchase.

sure, I wear my aqua modesta with a regular bathing suit underneath. it's still cheaper to buy the plain style and wear something under then to buy the very expensive set. most people already own a swim suit, or you can buy one for $10.

luvsdarkchocolate

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:36 am
My Hydrochic top came with a swimming bra - definitely modest when wet. Also good support and I am large.
They are very clear on their web site which skirts have built in shorts/pants and which do not.

The material is also significantly nicer then the regular rash guard type shirt and skort sets I have bought before that need a bathing suit under them. I spent a lot less but now I have to wear a bathing suit under it.

They do sell just the swim bras and that may be a solution for many people - a regular swim shirt and a separate swim bra.

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 7:28 pm
queen wrote:
Does anyone have experience with these tznius bathing suits for ladies?

http://www.aquamodesta.net/STYLE%202614.html

I'm considering purchasing one and would want to hear from others who have as it's not a cheap item.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE my Aqua Modesta. Smile It dries very quickly, which is nice if you're at the pool or beach and need to run inside to use the restroom, sit in the sun, etc.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 8:05 pm
I find it difficult to take off a sewn-in sports bra when wet.

this place has swim tights/pants.

http://www.solartex.com/servle.....etail

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 9:40 pm
I bought one from Junees last winter and love it!!!! It was around +/- $45 and worth it for those times I take the kids swimming.

I just looked at the link from the junees website and they dont have the one I bought.

At first I thought it looked like a shabbos robe on the hanger - or even worse... but once in - it looks more noraml.

I do wear biker shorts that go past my knees - as the water sometimes lifts the skirt.

I have swam in it and have not had any problems doing so. I felt very comfortable doing so and did not feel like I was being dragged down.

I need to buy a bikini for under it as it will dry quicker than regular cotton undergarments.

I am quite happy with the price I paid for this swimsuit.

ChutzPAh

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 9:46 pm
Are you ladies swimming in these in an all female pool, or is it for things like going tubing, ect?

Soul on fire

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 9:54 pm
RachelEve14 wrote:
I'm also a lifegaurd, and I swim in a modest suit. I don't find it difficult at all. The skirt material is very lightweight, and it's not long enough for me to get caught up in. I wouldn't go swimming in a cotton skirt or a robe, but I see nothing wrong with a modest suit made from swimsuit material. This is the type I have. The one I have is first (red) suit.

http://www.modestswimwear4u.co.....ction

I have this one also and the skirt can snap between the legs to make it safer for swimming...mine is from last year though and I am not sure if they are the same or not since the site is a little different. It's comfortable and I like this one best because I am not thin enough for a sleek suit and the top on this is a little looser fit.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:01 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
Are you ladies swimming in these in an all female pool, or is it for things like going tubing, ect?

I wore mine at Great Wolf Lodge - an Indoor water amusement park and also when I go to my parents house and various members bring their little kids into the pool at once.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars