Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
P*nis is all the way in - problem?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 11:15 am
My son's p*nis gets sort of sucked inside so that it looks like it isn't there at all. When you push around it, it comes out and looks normal. My doctor said to retract it during diaper changes and put vaseline around it so that it doesn't "grow back together again" (!!!). Is this normal? Have any of your kids had this, and did it resolve itself? It really looks wrong when it gets sucked inside like that...

amother

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 11:27 am
My friend's baby has this now - he's 8 mo. the Dr. said it's no prob, he's chubby and it's on the small side, but he and it will grow and be fine. It's a little alarming to see, but don't worry. (luckily, she warned me b4 I babysat him!)

egam

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 11:31 am
My boys had it. Our doctor never showed any concern about it and moel said it's from diapering and will go away as they out of the diapers. It went away on its own way before my DSs were out of the diapers.

gold21

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 11:32 am
Hey this brings back memories... My older son had something like what you describe until he was about 9 months old, maybe even 1 year, if I remember correctly... Omigosh, t'was funny how his babysitter at the time was all worried about it and told me she davened for him... she was an older israeli grandmother-type... Anyways, the pediatrician wasnt concerned... And that issue totally went away B"H!!

jaysmom

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 1:51 pm
Yeah. It happened to my boy. Gotta love that fat pad. Totally fine now.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 5:52 pm
hi. my son is turning 1 in a few days iy'h, & his aiver is still "stuck" inside! my pediatrician said like some of u wrote- he'll outgrow it & he named it "FATicitis"! my son is chubby but nothing out of the ordinary. I did go to a urologist to have it checked , & he told me it'll most prob pop out wants he'll start walking. so all were doing is waiting, & dealing with all the diaper rashes it involves

amother

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 5:53 pm
hi. my son is turning 1 in a few days iy'h, & his aiver is still "stuck" inside! my pediatrician said like some of u wrote- he'll outgrow it & he named it "FATicitis"! my son is chubby but nothing out of the ordinary. I did go to a urologist to have it checked , & he told me it'll most prob pop out wants he'll start walking. so all were doing is waiting, & dealing with all the diaper rashes it involves

supermom11

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 7:48 pm
thats funny my son is 10 months old and has the same thing I was never concerned about it. I thought he would just outgrow it. I didnt even ask his pediatrician. should I?

losingweight

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 7:48 pm
My 5 yr old had hydrocele which is water in the testicles. It went away around his first bday. He is totally fine now.

OheivYisrael

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 8:15 pm
I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one who went through this! My pediatrician told me the exact same thing- retract it, vaseline, it'll go away on it's own, it's because he's chubby... but I was still so scared. Especially because I didn't think he was fat (50-70th percentile and really tall)!!

But it did. So I guess it is normal.

mc'cutie

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 8:16 pm
Very normal, my son had it and I did the vaseline thing too... its perfectly normal.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 8:45 pm
my sons had this. the vaseline is I think only bec the tissue is healing from the bris so it could grow attached. my dr said to put vaseline but told me to do it around the bottom of the "fold" like at the rim where the top end/begins. cuz this is the part that gets attached if u don't do that. and yes they grow out of it.

imabima

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 9:17 am
My son had it too. No worries, it goes away on its own. My ped. said to occasionally (after baths works best) to work the skin back off of the tip to make sure it doesn't grow attached but I didn't actually do it so often and he's fine now, B"H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics