Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo Donkey - What do you think - Double?????????????????
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Hit or Not Practical
I'm buying it or would buy it  
 30%  [ 31 ]
no never would I spent that kinda of $ even for a bugaboo  
 69%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 101

2busy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:41 pm
Such a strange name? what do u think of it - will it be a hit or success - looks anoying if you have to take off both seats to close it - also where do u store them - ??? Just want to hear what ppl think about it
http://www.facebook.com/video/.....77387

Last edited by 2busy on Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:51 pm
I love the concept, I read on Magic Beans' blog that they went to Amsterdam recently and tested it. somewhere I read that it can fold with the seats on, the fold is just more compact without the seats. I would get such a carriage and sell my single, in the single carriage mode its the same width as the Camelion. I hate the name, I would just call it the carriage or give it a different name....

Full disclosure: I love my bugaboo.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:53 pm
Can you post link of it?

LibraMommy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:57 pm
I'd buy it! Looks good. But, I hate the name!!!! If it's as much a pleasure as my Bee, it's bound to be a hit.

lovemywig

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:57 pm
I love the carriage its really nice. If I needed it I would love to get it. (Hate the name tho)

I love my bugaboo bee.

Lilkingdom

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:03 pm
love it!!!

why didn't they introduce it a year ago? I'd definitely get it!

chaylizi

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:04 pm
It's going to be at least $1500. I can't imagine spending that much on a stroller. It seems obscene.

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:07 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Can you post link of it?

I posted a few on facebook today in the morning

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:08 pm
chaylizi wrote:
It's going to be at least $1500. I can't imagine spending that much on a stroller. It seems obscene.

I'll sell my single to fund it.... if and when I'll need a double...

busymom2000

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:25 pm
when is it due to be ready for sale?
I need a double, couldn't find a good one, just told a freind I wish bugaboo comes out with a double stroller
I love my bugaboo bee

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:27 pm
they write spring, so hopefully by end of May or June

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:34 pm
chaylizi wrote:

So some of us will purchase it the same way we purchased our single Bugaboos... used from Craig's List! Unfortunately it will be while after it comes out before they hit the used market...

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 10:12 pm
bnm wrote:
flowerpower wrote:
Can you post link of it?

I posted a few on facebook today in the morning

got it!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 10:35 pm
Wasnt there a double bugaboo yet?
Would it have to be with that pc on the side when its used as single? it looks ok as a double but as a single, if it needs that pc on the side, I think it looks a bit weird.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 10:40 pm
ridiculous to spend so much $$ on a stroller. on a bugaboo as well.

IloveHashem613

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:29 pm
chaylizi wrote:

THANK YOU!! Its ridicuolous...like a sickness or something these days... everyone MUST have the latest stroller and they will pay their entire paycheck for it orelse their children will be deprived!

B"H

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:57 am
IloveHashem613 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

THANK YOU!! Its ridicuolous...like a sickness or something these days... everyone MUST have the latest stroller and they will pay their entire paycheck for it orelse their children will be deprived!

I dont have a bugaboo and wouldn't spend that kind of money on a stroller, but I don't think ppl buying bugaboos think it's a necessity for their kid. rather, they anyway have to push a stroller, so they for themselves want one that looks nice, pushes easily, etc. not that the bugaboo is the only one like that, but I dont think anyone thinks their kids will be deprived...

as for the double, if it indeed becomes completely a single then it is the COOLEST thing ever! I was recently wishing that someone would make a stroller like that. hey, I currently have three strollers- a good double, a good single, and a single umbrella. the amount I paid for all of them together is a bit over a thousand - plus they take up so much room cuz its three of them- an all-purpose stroller would be worth it even for a little more money. so I definitely don't think it's INSANE if someone would buy this and have it as their ONLY stroller. it's a ton of money and I doubt I'll ever do it but I understand the reasoning.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 7:54 am
IloveHashem613 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

look, I just want to clarify something. to you it might an entire paycheck, so I can totally understand why you look at it as something that is a complete waste of money and an irresponsible purchase. to me, B"H, it is not nearly one pay check - it is less than one weeks pay for me, and a couple days' pay for DH. So when it IS completely affordable, it is not such a "luxury" at all- and buying it has nothing at all(!) to do with making a statement. I figure (just like I figured when I got the chameleon for my first kid), if I am going to be walking alot, I might as well get a stroller that is easily foldable, very comfortable to walk with, turns easily, lasts for a long time, and handles bumps and stuff really well so the ride will be comfortable for my children as well. and a bonus- (but is only a bonus) - it is a nice looking stroller.

Is it a sickness also that we are choosing to fly business class to Israel next week for Y"T because it is B"H affordable for us to fly like that? why should we sit squished with the kids for 10 hours if we don't have to? who am I trying to make a "statement" to? the flight attendants? The 10 other people in the business cabin who I will never see again? the pilot? the security person who looks at my passport and license and sees it says "business" on the front? Is it a "sickness" that I spent alot of money for a top of the line washer/dryer last week so that doing laundry should be faster, easier and more efficient? who is THAT statement for? who even sees my washing machine besides my housekeeper! Sometimes, just sometimes, people are NOT doing things just to impress the other person.

Grace

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 8:05 am
I have always felt that this double stroller: http://www.firstwheels.nl/en/city_twin/

Has such a similar look to that of the bugaboo, and they have had in double for years now already. Ive seen it for real and its really beautiful in cream. Oh and it is a bit more reasonably priced.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 9:56 am
Grace wrote:
I have always felt that this double stroller: http://www.firstwheels.nl/en/city_twin/

Has such a similar look to that of the bugaboo, and they have had in double for years now already. Ive seen it for real and its really beautiful in cream. Oh and it is a bit more reasonably priced.

yep- it looks pretty much alike, and a few of my friends have the first-wheels and it is a grt carriage, but now that I see the bugaboo lets u convert the size of the carriage- u can't beat that!!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics