Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo Donkey - What do you think - Double?????????????????
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Hit or Not Practical
I'm buying it or would buy it  
 30%  [ 31 ]
no never would I spent that kinda of $ even for a bugaboo  
 69%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 101

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 2:22 pm
1Life2Live wrote:
sorry then, wrong choice of words. No need to read too deeply into it. That wasn't really the point of my original post anyway. My point was just that people can choose what to spend their money on...

Agreed that people can choose to spend their money on whatever they fancy.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 2:25 pm
Chloe wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
1Life2Live wrote:
I don't think that buying a bugaboo is bragging/making people jelous. I can only speak for myself: I bought a bugaboo and was insulted that people made comments. We do not go on vacation and don't eat out in restaurants. With all the money our friends spend on vacation and restaurants- they could've bought a bugaboo too. It's all a matter of what you choose to spend your money on.

I think you're being unrealistic by expecting people not to comment about this. Seriously. If you buy an elaborate diamond studded piece of jewelry, would you be insulted if people commented? If you want to buy the bugaboo, no one's stopping you (other than perhaps your bank), but don't pretend you have no idea why people are commenting.

Grab a chair people! I'm actually disagreeing with life'sgreat for the very first time Smile .

Why should it be anybody's business to comment on how other people go about with their lives.

Rolling Laughter

It isn't their business, but neither is it people's business to ask which color tablecloth you use. The reality is that it happens. People like to yak about others. Be happy it's only about their bugaboos and not their panty size.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 2:27 pm
I dont know why people make such a deal over people that have the bugaboo, the bugaboo frog cost about $750, but so does the uppa baby, or the mountain buggy that cost $500, the teutonia that cost about $650. why dont people comment and why arent people jealous of others that have those carriages, they also cost a lot, if comparing to graco, city jogger which is a few hundred dollars cheaper, why do you care which carriages people buy, and what people decide to spend their hard earned money on??????

btw, I do not have the bugaboo,

ally

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 3:07 pm
I'm not quite sure what the marketing exec. who came up with the name 'Donkey' was thinking, but...

A double that turns into a single is a brilliant design feature. Luckily for everybody the next year or two will probably produce a whole host of copy cat designs for much less money...

But I think Bugaboo should get credit here for innovation and design here, instead of the usual "Its just an overpriced status symbol blah blah blah"

gp2.0

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:08 pm
I thought it was a joke because of the name. So first a reptile, then an insect, now a donkey. I breathlessly await the Bugaboo Chicken.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:35 pm
amother wrote:
"to me, B"H, it is not nearly one pay check - it is less than one weeks pay for me, and a couple days' pay for DH. "

To this amother, if you are still reading ...

I have been there, done that, made everyone around me totally jealous of me with my cavalier bragging and life of luxury ... got tons of ayin haras up the wazoo, and am in the process of losing my 200k+ a year job. So ... (a) it's better not to get used to such a lifestyle, and (b) it makes people really jealous and upset about their own situations. So you might want to think twice about posting such comments.

huh? you missed my point completely! the reason I Posted anonymously is precisely so what I said would not make a/o jealous. it is just a random anonymous voice over the internet, not the lady on imamother by the screen name chanamiriamdinasara or whatever, who just posted a great recipe for lasagna and who gave me advice about my issues with my MIL- and it would make them "resent" me or s/t.
Of course a/t can change in life keheref ayin. and while to someone who lives on a salary $20,000 per year, our lifestyle might seem extravagant, what is extravagant is always relative. having two cars is a luxury. to others it is normal. having two new cars is a luxury. to others it is normal. having two "luxury" cars (range rover, lexus, cadillac, etc) is a luxury. to others it is normal. Like I said, none of it is bragging or being cavalier. we dont spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on wasteful things. but like an above amother said, while to s/o else, the diff btwn 400 and 800 on a stroller is major, to me the difference between that is a couple extra bills. it is not being cavalier or irresponsible. it is just living WITHIN OUR MEANS!

sunny90

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:36 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I thought it was a joke because of the name. So first a reptile, then an insect, now a donkey. I breathlessly await the Bugaboo Chicken.

Rolling Laughter

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 5:04 pm
In the frum communities a bugaboo is so not a status symbol. it's the easiest stroller to push which is why ppl buy it.

nylon

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 5:09 pm
And in some not frum communities. I once went to a mothers' group where I used to live. Half of them had Bugaboos. Ordinary middle class women--I knew them and they weren't the type to buy to impress. It was just a place where people bought expensive strollers because they used them constantly. The cheap ones break when you use them like that.

Tova

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 6:02 pm
I was laughing a while ago when we were in Lakewood's baby store and my 15 month old tried pushing the floor model strollers. He could barely move nearly all of them (to his frustration) when he finds the Bugaboo and and wheels it around EASILY!

That being said, it's a shame that if such a stroller were in my budget (it's not! LOL ) and I felt that functionally it best fit my needs that I would be subject to people judging or whatever (if that's really the case).

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 7:00 pm
Well-for all of you who can't wait till the spring for this carriage to come out, I recently bought the Baby Jogger City Select. It can also be used as a single or double, and is narrow-as it is the width of a single-even with the 2nd seat. It is also way cheaper than the Bugaboo-$499-with one seat, and I'm really enjoying it! PS. last week babysat my friends kid, and she sent her with her Bugaboo- I thought mine wheeled much better!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 7:07 pm
Tova wrote:
I was laughing a while ago when we were in Lakewood's baby store and my 15 month old tried pushing the floor model strollers. He could barely move nearly all of them (to his frustration) when he finds the Bugaboo and and wheels it around EASILY!

That being said, it's a shame that if such a stroller were in my budget (it's not! LOL ) and I felt that functionally it best fit my needs that I would be subject to people judging or whatever (if that's really the case).

Thank you!

I'm a sahm, dress my kid cheaply but a carriage in Brooklyn IS your 'beast of burden' if I may borrow the quote. my mother always used to reminisce about the junk one she pushed at one point cuz they couldn't afford bread then, she always used to end that story that a carriage you get the best that you can afford. When someone anonymously dropped 250 into their mailbox it went straight for a new carriage.

I have a Bugaboo, I got it because it had the smoothest push in the store.

IloveHashem613

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 7:15 pm
gp2.0 wrote:

LOL Rolling Laughter

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 8:18 pm
gp2.0 wrote:

Next is the elephant or hippo actually.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 8:22 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
In the frum communities a bugaboo is so not a status symbol. it's the easiest stroller to push which is why ppl buy it.

Make that Williamsburg, BP and Monroe. It is a status symbol around here and in many other places still.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 8:23 pm
Oh, and btw, I had the valco buggster, my sister had the bugaboo bee, and my other sister the joovy kooper. The buggster won hands down. 250.

lizard8

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 8:35 am
a lot of people in israel have the bugaboo- not only americans, but Israelis too! Some have a fake, but most are real.
They don't have cars, so all transportation is either by foot or bus. The stroller must be durable to last a bunch of kids, the groceries and hilly streets.

pishposhbaby1

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 3:22 pm
Heres the info on the pricing and the launch date of the bugaboo:

Bugaboo Donkey

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 3:35 pm
Wow did my jaw just drop at those prices. I had no idea anyone would spend so much on a stroller. (Obviously, I'm not a mom yet.)

wtvr

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 3:41 pm
What's the difference between duo and twin configuration?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics