Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
20 mth old dd being toilet trained

alwaysquestions

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 9:05 pm
I want to toilet train my 20 mth old dd but people are telling me "whats the rush"? shes so young.
my dd talks almost everything but is never bothered by a dirty pamper , what do you mothers think? is she too young?

mamommommy

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 9:18 pm
It's always a good idea to follow your child's lead in these situations. You can get the potty, the underwear, the prizes, and try it for a day, but if your child doesn't seem interested at all, then I would let it go and not force the issue. Forcing her before she's ready (bot physically and emotionally) can be setting yourself up for an even harder time later.

zigi

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 10:31 pm
try and see if she can make something in the potty. if she is able to go try to train her, some kids are ready eariler and others much later, ds would tell me that he needed to go #2 and that he wanted to be changed, but he wouldn't make it in the potty at all. we had to wait until he was ready to go. you take the potty out at bath time and have her try b/4 she goes into the bath or give her a drink about 1/2 an hour b/4 so she will make something when you put her on it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training