Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
3 year old bed time

Ima2

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:20 am
I have a 5 yo and 3 yo daughter. the younger one needs to go to sleep earlier, like around 6, 6:30pm, but she won't go to sleep before her older sister. she doesn't want to be alone ever. if I put her in for a nap, by the time she gets back from gan and ends up falling asleep, I end up having to wake her up around 5pm and then she falls asleep late at night. what should I do? it's so hard for me to get them ready for bed earlier than 7-7:30, and also dh comes home around 7pm so he can help me.

maofboys

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:24 am
I have a 5 and 3 1/2 and a 20 mon. old
bed time has become much easier lately I put the baby down at 7:00 and then the 2 big ones get books for about an hour (45 min) and by 8:00 they are sleeping.

I do remember a few months back when we were taking my 3 year old off naps it was very difficult we would have 2 good days on schedule and then he would just crash at 5:00 and need to sleep. wake up at 8:00 and be up till 10 (at least) and cranky the next day... I think you need to let kids sleep when they are tiered even if that means being up till 10:00. slowly she will get used the new schedule of 7:30 bed times with her sister. Just remember its only a stage. she will grow out of it.

happymom

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 12:37 pm
my son goes to bed at six and my daughter seven she is five and he is three, like yours... I let my older watch a video or color and I lie with my son until he is asleep. he is so tired it is usually quick. I also start getting ready for bed at five so he is in bed five forty five so he can be asleep at six. I just try and make it fun for him... like I read him stories or tell him storeis or sing him song or I have lots of kids story tapes on my ipod that he listend to and falss asleep quikcly. if he doesnt want to be alone can you just stay with him until he is asleep? it really works well for us...

Ima2

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 4:58 am
happymom, that sounds like a good idea. only dd would probably figure out that once I leave she will be alone in her room, albeit asleep. plus, I have a 6 month old who may be giving me trouble then which will make it hard for her to fall asleep. maybe we could try it with some prep. first! thanks for the idea
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics