Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
DD won't drink water

SharonB

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 4:05 pm
DD2 is 12 mths old. She has been taking a bottle since 4 months without any problem. However, she will NOT drink water under any circumstances. She clamps her mouth shut as soon as she realises it's water not formula. I do not want to put juice in the water because she'll never learn to drink water as it is. Do I dilute the formula? Sippy cup? Any advice?

avigail

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 4:32 pm
why are you giving her water? trying to wean her off fomula or as a suplement? my pediatrician told me not to give water that young, at 12 mos I should wean from formula to cows milk, no need for any additional water.
lots of kids are picky about drinking only milk from bottle, but from sippy cup will take something else. its definitely worth a try! my son is 21 months, will only drinkwater if its from a real cup. in his sippy cup he only wants milk. good luck!

Falafel

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 9:05 pm
we had the same problem, so we gave her a bit of grape juice and she took it just fine. eventually I got sick of having to give her juice (10% of the bottle was juice) so I just gave her plain water. eventually she started taking it!

jaysmom

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 9:23 pm
Just keep on giving her water. Be patient. She should take it after a while. Same goes for foods, most of the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics