Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Forum for Heretics
Previous  1  2  3  Next

robynm

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 12:27 am
I only read books that are in cherem Smile

shalhevet

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 7:54 am
artikidove wrote:
how do I deactivate my imamother account? I just can't be on a site where people eat stam and have non jewish cleaning ladies
tsk tsk

I thought on imamother it was assur to have jewish cleaning ladies. Scratching Head:

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:04 am
HindaRochel wrote:
I read secular books on Shabbat.
AND I read Slifkin.

I can join right?

Depends. Slifkin on Shabbos?

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:49 am
PinkFridge wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
AND I read Slifkin.

I can join right?

Slifkin and chemistry on Shabbat (short history of Chemistry by Isaac Asimov..finishing it this Shabbat.)

I think I qualify, but then see the tzedekess post.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 1:40 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
AND I read Slifkin.

I can join right?

Slifkin and chemistry on Shabbat (short history of Chemistry by Isaac Asimov..finishing it this Shabbat.)

I think I qualify, but then see the tzedekess post.

Ooh, my I sit by your feet? The closest I've come is reading the Asimov Black Widower stories.

Raspberry

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:27 pm
I listen to secular music...
and I (not so secretly) LOVE x-mas music, and lights and all of the seasonal spirit... beat that!!!

robynm

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:32 pm
OMG my pandora station is set to HO HO HO station!!!! Rolling Laughter

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:51 pm
robynm wrote:

I know how to cure you and Rasberry of this heresy. Program every other song to be Feliz Navidad, with the others being misc. AND alternating with Grandma got Run Over By a Reindeer. You'll be running to John-O's Dreidel Song very soon, trust me.

Oh, no, I forgot one that I hear. It's terrible! This is the alternate. It's the long moaning song about Xmas in San Francisco. It's MUCH worse than Feliz N, which at least is cute the first 30 times.

robynm

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:56 pm
no I think its josh groban who's gonna drive me to drink
Banging head Banging head Banging head

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 4:01 pm
robynm wrote:
no I think its josh groban who's gonna drive me to drink
Banging head Banging head Banging head

Eggnog, of course.

And of course White Xmas was a Jewish Zionist plot to take over the US after enough of the right people listening to it enough time have their brains turned to mush. Ssssh!

robynm

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 4:03 pm
but mariah's not bad....

abd how bout that chanukah bush? shock

dGirl

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:28 am
dveibel wrote:
And I use plastic on shabbos (gasp)

No, no, that's for the MothersofKidsWhoAreGoingtoHavetoMarryIntoFamiliesThatUseGoldShabbosTablecloths Froum.

*Sorry, they don't allow us to have forum names that would be the length of including spaces, do they now?*

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:37 am
Finally, a forum I can feel comfortable in.

FS, we had a seperate large freezer back in the old days because we lived so far OOT that we would never had had meat/chicken otherwise. And for all you youngsters, most supermarket products did not have O-U or whatever then, only a very limited amount. If you wanted cookies or cake, you baked them.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 12:01 pm
I don't keep glatt or CY as it's not dh's minhag and our rav says it's unneeded.
I buy by ingredients when allowed.
Like most people here including charedi I buy my bread at the non Jewish supermarket just near the Jewish bakery, cheaper, better, opened more hours.
We use plastic dishes on shabbes, and no tablecloth because our table is nice. I told my rav it's a shidduch criterion in some circles and he said it's good, weeds off the "superficial fake frum".
As Ashkenazim we eat kitniot on Pessach by minhag (dh's minhag that I took on).
One frigde, one freezer, one oven, one microwave, one dishwasher, like almost everyone around...
We would probably never think of giving the maaser.
I grew up with only one sink.
We mix fish and dairy and aren't strict on the separation of fish and meat.

The worst? I do all this with the ok of a rav LOL shock

hadasa

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 3:14 pm
I use the Internet...

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 5:04 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
People that eat chalav stam need their own forum!!! (not even thinking about women who only cover in shul, wear short sleeves, wear pants, open toes!)

WE FEEL LEFT OUT

Well, I only eat CY, but nevertheless, to most people I'm a heretic for myriad reasons so can I please join?

shosh

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 5:11 pm
robynm wrote:

One of the greatest things about living in Israel is no Yoxmas (as we used to call it). And then of course, there was always my grandma's Yiddish song about Yoshke Pundric ligt in Drerd, to be sung every Yoxmas. But that was something else!!!!!

I remember someone telling me that they brought their kids back to the Old Country over that Time of the Year and their kids saw a pic of Santa and said, "Look - Rebbe!!!!" I guess it was the long white beard that did it!!!!

shosh

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 5:13 pm
Oh and I forgot about me and my dad's favourite carol, "When Shepherds Wash Their Socks," as I mentioned in my silly thread.

Every 25th December, I revel in the fact that I am away from all that terrible rubbish!!! (Though the shops do look quite pretty with their lights, and I did used to feel so sorry for the shopgirls dressed in silly red hats with pom poms!!!)

Yes, if anything makes me into a fervent Zionist - it's escaping Yoxmas and having better weather at this time of the year!

Mommyme1

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 7:06 pm
I heard a Xmas song playing in the Rova on Thursday afternoon and had it stuck in my head all Shabbos!
I was really surprised to hear "Santa is coming to town" right up the steps from the Kosel...

detroitmom

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 7:47 pm
Actually I love to look at Xmas lights, I think Silent Night is more moving than most Jewish music and I use eggnog to make French toast. I'm serious. Eggnog is amazing in French toast!

I think I'm in this forum, most certainly. Plus I'm the last person in town who still wears red.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics