Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Single strollers that convert to double

amother

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 11:39 am
Wanting to get together a list of the single strollers that can convert to doubles - there seem to be so many on the market now.

Perhaps we could have a format so it's easy for people to look through and see the different ones.

Make:
Model:
Position of second seat:
Collapses with second seat: no/yes but bulky/ yes
Ease of collapsing stroller: easy/medium/hard
Weight: heavy/average/light
Ability to push: easy/ok/difficult
Affordability: $$/$$$/$$$$
Multiple combinations inc carrycots: y/n

OldYoung

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 12:16 pm
Here's the one we have-
Phil & Teds
Vibe
Position of second seat: behind/ "underneath" front of stroller
Collapses with second seat: yes, not super slim, but pretty compact
Ease of collapsing stroller: medium (need two hands free)
Weight: medium
Ability to push: amazingly easy! even in the snow!
Affordability: approx. $700 (comes with almost no accessories- no rain cover, cupholder, etc.)
Multiple combinations inc carrycots: not sure what this means, but you can be the separate "peanut" bassinet to put inside the stroller

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:08 pm
Theres a new one coming out in England soon called a "mima" its from sweden and it is a single stroller but you can buy a second seat that fits in underneath.
It is a bit nicer than the phil & teds because the lower seat isnt on the ground low.

http://www.growingyourbaby.com.....mily/

mue2

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:10 pm
I have the icandy pear and I love it look it up any questions ask...

joy613

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:11 pm
The bugaboo is coming out with a new model- the Donkey. It's a single that converts to a double but has some drawbacks. You can't have both kids facing the same direction, one is forward facing and one is rear facing. (that could be good too if you like that)
Also, when it's used as a single it's still pretty wide, as there's a basket next to the seat instead of the 2nd seat. When you need the 2nd seat, you remove the basket, pull out the handle bar a bit and fit in the 2nd seat.

In any case, I don't think it will be around for another while but it was interesting to see, you can see it on the bugaboo site.

bnm

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 4:30 pm
Hashem loves me wrote:
The bugaboo is coming out with a new model- the Donkey. It's a single that converts to a double but has some drawbacks. You can't have both kids facing the same direction, one is forward facing and one is rear facing. (that could be good too if you like that)
Also, when it's used as a single it's still pretty wide, as there's a basket next to the seat instead of the 2nd seat. When you need the 2nd seat, you remove the basket, pull out the handle bar a bit and fit in the 2nd seat.

In any case, I don't think it will be around for another while but it was interesting to see, you can see it on the bugaboo site.

you can have kids facing same directions, I saw pictures and video showing it in all configurations.

Cybex is coming out with a simaler idea, just extends to an inline

Baby Jogger and Valco have carriages you can add a seat on top, not full reclining.

bnm

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 4:31 pm
Britax Bready

Baby Jogger City Select

both are inline, you can add on full second seat that reclines etc.

there is the ABC adventure buggy, a full reclining seat goes on hood or you can just do a toddler seat

bnm

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 4:36 pm
Uppa Baby Vista, you can add on a seat that doesn't recline and doesn't face outwards
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics