Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What do you know? Mountain Buggy Swift

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 8:42 am
I do not see many reviews for it, can you help me out?

I live in Israel, I like that it's:
good from infant and up,
strong,
good wheels,
relatively lightweight (21 lbs) and easy to fold.

Do you or someone else you know own this carriage? What do you have to say about it? Pros? Cons?

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 10:03 am
have seen it on streets. looks lke regular mountain buggy but smaller and more compact.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 10:27 am
I love it. So narrow and easy to wheel. My chubby toddler loves sitting in it too-very comfy for the baby.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 10:42 am
How does it compare to the Baby Jogger City Elite?

cityofgold

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 10:49 am
I have the Swift. My sil has the BJCE.
the swift is:
narrower
more solidly made (known to last longer)
lighter (my sil says the bjce is super heavy to hold in one hand!)
better maneuverability (not that the bjce is bad--just the swift is better)

The BJCE has a better canopy (people will tell you that the new model of the swift is the same size. It's basically true. But the last panel of the Swift canopy isn't regular fabric, is uv-protected something else, and it does not work as well, IMO.) and a way easier fold if you're talking about taking busses. It might also have a removeable flap in the back to let air in (the city mini does)

If you bus really often, it's probably better to buy the BJCE or another easy fold stroller. I chose and love my Swift because I don't bus (or taxi) so frequently--it's incredible for walking, bumping up stairs, going through rocky cut-throughs, etc. The fold isn't hard, but can't be done while holding a baby. And, the stroller is looooong--it's narrow, but it takes up space on a bus.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 6:09 am
Thank you for that review! And comparing it to the City Mini? Similar, I guess.
What do you do when you do go on buses? And does it fit into the cab?

cityofgold

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 9:17 am
I never thought about the elite, but I did consider the CM--
I really feel like it comes down to how often you need to take buses or cabs. The Swift isn't impossible, but it's not that easy either.

I don't cab often at all, but it fits fine. I don't think the fold matters for cabbing, because you can just put your baby down in the car seat while you fold the stroller. (you can buy an adapter) It's an easy fold...if you have 2 hands available. It can also stand when folded, which the CM can't do and which is a big plus for buses.

For buses, if it's not crowded, then you can always just leave it open. Otherwise, I usually fold it before getting on the bus, because you can drag it easily along the back wheels while folded, and either I'm with someone who can hold my baby while I fold it, or I do it before I leave.

I guess another difference is that the CE and Swift have tires and the CM doesn't, but I think the CE might actually have something called "forever tires" or something like that, which basically means they'll never go flat. The Swift tires can technically have that issue, and sometimes they can--pop? break?--which is a real pain. I ordered extra inner tubing along with my stroller just in case, because I didn't want to need them and not be able to get them until someone could bring them to me! Most people seem not to have that problem, but if you're the person who ended up with faulty tires, you'll be really annoyed...they'll replace it if you need new wheels, but you'll be stuck without your stroller for a little while until you can get them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics