Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
For those who say bh and iyh all the time
1  2  Next

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 3:20 pm

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 3:45 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

shmaichul

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 3:54 pm
Difference is that we know what were talking about ;-)

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 3:59 pm
that was hysterical

MrsMortgage

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 4:11 pm
Brilliant

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 4:19 pm
Brill!

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:23 pm
Can you imagine if someone took a day off and when he returned all his co-workers had become BTs?

Happy18

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 8:28 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Soul on fire

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 9:24 pm
haha!! what show is that?

RR

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 9:52 pm
really funny Smile
I guess you have a good point, sequoia. We should think into it a bit more when we say those b"h and iy"h - and there's lots more to think about there too Wink

mp

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 9:59 pm
excellent. In other news, Marina is not working, so mp will have to step in for a bit. It is confusing.

LeahW

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:54 am
That's really funny. I think you're right Sequoia it would be funny for someone to come into work one day with everyone around him being BT. LOL The only think about this clip is that it was probably a bunch of anti-religious atheists who wrote this sketch intending to make fun of anyone who believes in G-d.

Just wanted to add that I personally say BH and IYH all the time because everything in my life is thanks to Hashem and if Hashem wills it. I know this is a lighthearted thread, but someone might take it to heart and think you're putting down people who say BH and IYH a lot.

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:46 am
I also say bh, however, I think I will start saying "by vectron's kindly claw" from time to time, just to mix things up a bit.

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:52 am
sequoia wrote:
I also say bh, however, I think I will start saying "by vectron's kindly claw" from time to time, just to mix things up a bit.

In shul might be a good place to start. Wink

Tzippora

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:53 am
Classic!

The iyh and bh don't bother me except insofar as they serve as a substitute for actual conversation... which they often do.

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 1:04 pm
Tzippora wrote:

The iyh and bh don't bother me except insofar as they serve as a substitute for actual conversation... which they often do.

Yep, we all know at least one person who says bh if you ask her what her favorite color is Smile

FrumMamaPA, it's one of the Mitchell and Webb shows, not sure which one. They are comedy partners.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:28 pm
by golly vectron ~ that was boruch hashem hilarious Nervous Rolling Laughter

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:08 pm
LeahW wrote:
That's really funny. I think you're right Sequoia it would be funny for someone to come into work one day with everyone around him being BT. LOL The only think about this clip is that it was probably a bunch of anti-religious atheists who wrote this sketch intending to make fun of anyone who believes in G-d.

Just wanted to add that I personally say BH and IYH all the time because everything in my life is thanks to Hashem and if Hashem wills it. I know this is a lighthearted thread, but someone might take it to heart and think you're putting down people who say BH and IYH a lot.

Naturally one is supposed to acknowledge G-d's goodness and dominion over all that happens, but like everything in life, moderation is the key. Two-three times in any given conversation is adequate. Two-three times in a single paragraph is overkill and a symptom of either religious exhibitionism or false piety--which are more or less the same thing. So I don't think the sketch pokes fun at people who believe in G-d--it pokes fun of people who try too hard to prove how holy they are.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 9:38 pm
I was once walking in the street and I met an old woman and her non Jewish home attendant. The home attendant told me that she saw my grandfather and he was walking so well. (He has some difficulty with walking nowadays.) It was very hard for me not to answer B"H, but then she said, "Yes, Boruk Ashem. He's doing so well. Boruk Ashem."

Then I laughed and said Boruch Hashem.

monseychick

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 10:16 pm
zaq wrote:
Naturally one is supposed to acknowledge G-d's goodness and dominion over all that happens, but like everything in life, moderation is the key. Two-three times in any given conversation is adequate. Two-three times in a single paragraph is overkill and a symptom of either religious exhibitionism or false piety--which are more or less the same thing. So I don't think the sketch pokes fun at people who believe in G-d--it pokes fun of people who try too hard to prove how holy they are.

HELLO

I believe it was Reb Yacob K or another big godol who said to my husband as a young bochur upon him saying BH, Now I know how religious you are, but how are you feeling, when he was asked How are You..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links