Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando Vacation During Pregnancy???

mfb

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 1:15 pm
Anyone know of a good place to go in orlando? I am pregnant and and cant go on thrill rides is there anything else good to do there for a one day trip?

2busy

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 7:51 pm
not all orlando is thrill rides there are many parks with shows and exhibits
I did magic kingdom epcot and mgm studios all at disney orlando when preg so I didnt do 2 things

jade

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:54 pm
Depends on whether you're going with kids, and what sort of thing you enjoy yourself.

I just went recently with husband and kids, and I'm 33 wks pregnant. The majority of the rides are ok for pregnant women (though you may not do so well if you get really nauseous). There are also quite a few shows (4D, musical, etc) if you enjoy that sort of thing.

If you're going for 1 day, I'd just pick one park and do things there; otherwise it gets too frantic and exhausting. Hollywood studios has mostly shows, a couple of rides I was able to do, and only one ride that's really no good. Epcot has some fun rides which are doable and a lot of places where you just walk around and look at things. Animal Kingdom, on the other hand, mostly did have thrill-type rides, and the rest of it was nice if you like animals but pretty much like a really nice zoo; they have a couple of really cute shows. Magic Kingdom is big and has a lot of rides that are doable for a pregnant woman.

If you want to do serious planning, there are a few websites which tell you about every single thing in each park and it says if the ride is not ok for pregnant women.

PM me if you want more specific details about anything, I'd be happy to share.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:06 pm
I went when I was 7 months. We went to Epcot, MGM, and Animal Kingdom (I didn't like it, but the main park was full so we just went there, we were bored, even if I wasn't preg there is not too much to do).
None of the rides at Universal were recommended for pregnant women so we did not go there.
At the parks we went to there were TONS of stuff to do and I was able to go on most of the rides. We spent a full day at MGM and Epcot and were busy the entire time. The attendents at the ride were very nice. The two times that dh went on a ride not recommended for pregnant women an attendant saw and gave him a pass to go to the front of the line so I had to wait very short. We didn't have kids with us so that made it much easier.

mfb

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 11:06 am
What is MGM I havn't heard of it? I have been to epcot already and was looking for something different without rides

Thanks for your answers

sky

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 10:02 pm
I think this is it:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.c.....ions/
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo.....w.htm
It looks like the name was changed to "Disney Hollywood Studios" Its a lot of shows and behind the scenes and it was pretty cool. (1 or 2 of the shows had kol isha problems so we skipped those, that was a big problem for us at the animal kingdom, we couldn't go to most of the shows there)
I went when I was like 12 and did not like it at all, but when I went with DH we had an enjoyable full day there so I guess it must have changed a lot

momo4

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 10:51 pm
I went at 8 months preggy, we did one day at universal studio, they do say that most "rides" aren't recommended for pregnant women, but when I asked an employee there, she showed me what's alright to go on, they wouldn't say anything if you do go, its just a warning, so I did end up going into some places that was so nothing, they just don't want to take responsibility.
And another day to sea world, so beautiful, shows.....

MGM is just another studio, we didn't go there the last time I was there. but we did go once, I think it was nice, don't remember.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics