Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is a Russian or European hair sheitel worth paying double?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 7:24 am
ray family wrote:
I have a friend who's a sheital macher.
she says much of "european" hair is really russian. parts of russia are in europe.
she's changing the wording on her ads bec. she she wants to continue using "russian" hair (its cheaper) without her clients knowing.
so if you're stuck on european hair just make sure it's not coming from the part of russia that's in europe!

Russian hair is no different from European.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 7:30 am
sequoia wrote:
Not according to Esther Aron in Flatbush. She says Russian hair is exquisite and is now way more expensive per ounce than European.

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 7:33 am
Mevater wrote:
sequoia wrote:
Not according to Esther Aron in Flatbush. She says Russian hair is exquisite and is now way more expensive per ounce than European.

I can't believe I have to keep saying this over and over on the same thread.

There is no separate category of hair called "Russian hair."

There is European hair, Asian hair, African hair.

A Slavic person has the same hair texture as an English or Spanish person.

marina

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:58 am
Sequoia is totally wrong Smile If anyone wants to pay me 2 K for my hair, I am happy to give you my luxurious russian hair, much much finer than any european hair you will ever find, lol.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:26 am
So to those who feel Russian hair is the same as European hair:

Is Esther Aron

1- Out of touch

2- Full of "excuse me"

3- Woefully misinformed

4- Other (please clarify)

?

By the way, when I was there, a customer came in saying she bought a Russian hair wig 7 years ago at Esther Aron and loves it so much she's buying another. She's willing to pay the higher price. She said it's much better than European hair wigs.

marina

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:02 pm
4- trying to pay the bills.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:11 pm
marina wrote:
4- trying to pay the bills.
Im curious if you think she is willing to do this to pay bills coupled with option 2 or option 3. Or, possibly, does she know something we dont?

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:22 pm
sequoia wrote:
Mevater wrote:
sequoia wrote:

I can't believe I have to keep saying this over and over on the same thread.

There is no separate category of hair called "Russian hair."

There is European hair, Asian hair, African hair.

A Slavic person has the same hair texture as an English or Spanish person.

my 2 dds have completely different hair textures. not all europeans have identical hair. eg scandinavians tend to have blond hair, likewise poles, southern europeans usually have dark hair. I'm not sure if the texture is different but I imagine it is.

maybe russian women take better care of their hair?

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:23 pm
marina wrote:
Sequoia is totally wrong Smile If anyone wants to pay me 2 K for my hair, I am happy to give you my luxurious russian hair, much much finer than any european hair you will ever find, lol.

I do wonder how much exactly these women get for their hair. Not more then $100, I bet.

Nuts

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:32 pm
Do Europeans really have better hair? I'm sure there are woman with frizzy hair in Europe also. There are plenty of women in the USA who have nice hair. So what is the hype with European hair.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:33 pm
American people have European origin.

Nuts

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:35 pm
So why is it that people in Europe sell their hair?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:37 pm
People in America too, if they're desperate enough.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:38 pm
Nuts wrote:
Do Europeans really have better hair? I'm sure there are woman with frizzy hair in Europe also. There are plenty of women in the USA who have nice hair. So what is the hype with European hair.

european vs. asian. (chinese/indian) European I guess is better because most sheital wearers are of european origin so want european hair.

I'm not sure why there is a difference between russian and european hair either. I imagine there is a bigger pool of hair sellers in Russia, for economic reasons, so it's probably easier to get.

Nuts

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:55 pm
I happen to think that the Chinese have very nice sleek hair.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 12:57 pm
Chinese hair is very nice when untreated only, in a wig especially.
It also only look natural on someone who "could" have such thick hair.

Frum

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 1:39 pm
Could it be that Russian hair is maybe treated in a certain way? Like a chemical process, or davke a lack thereof? Because otherwise I wouldnt see what the difference could be between Russian and (other) European hair.

Nuts

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 3:35 pm
Not all people have the same hair even in Europe. So how can u put their hair in the same category? Unless it is processed?

chestnut

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 5:43 pm
Mevater wrote:
So to those who feel Russian hair is the same as European hair:

Is Esther Aron

1- Out of touch

2- Full of "excuse me"

3- Woefully misinformed

4- Other (please clarify)

?

By the way, when I was there, a customer came in saying she bought a Russian hair wig 7 years ago at Esther Aron and loves it so much she's buying another. She's willing to pay the higher price. She said it's much better than European hair wigs.

I would be curious to hear from her (or another sheitelmacher) about where "european hair" comes from, as opposed to "russian hair", which we can guess ourselves.

imaima

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 1:41 am
Raisin wrote:
Nuts wrote:

european vs. asian. (chinese/indian) European I guess is better because most sheital wearers are of european origin so want european hair.

I'm not sure why there is a difference between russian and european hair either. I imagine there is a bigger pool of hair sellers in Russia, for economic reasons, so it's probably easier to get.

The only difference I can think of is that in Russia there is a certain culture of girls and women growing long beautiful hair down to their knees, if the hair is so good. So you can probably buy longer stretches of hair in Russia for smaller price.
Buyin hair in WEstern Europe is just probably more expensive hence difference in price of the sheitel.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels