Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Split ends in new shaitel. help!!!!

G-mom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 4:45 pm
I just bought a pretty good shaitel 2 weeks ago and I havent done anything to it yet. I noticed it has some split ends. I dont know what to do. is this normal? any suggestions what to tell the shaitel macher?

yaakovsmom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 5:34 pm
That should not happen - but mention it to the sheital macher now, when it is only two weeks old. If you wait longer, she may think you did something, like use a flat-iron, that would shorten the lifespan of the wig. This early in the game, a sheital macher who cares about a good reputation would probably exchange it for you.

QUEENY

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 5:59 pm
I bought a shaitel full of split ends, the shaitel machor said it was normal and she took it back to condition it. When I got it back the white dots drove me crazy, I kept picking off the split ends or cutting them myself. Eventually, I brought it back and they exchanged it for me. I think this should only happen awhile after wearing a shaitel, not right away!

MotherOfTheHouse

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 8:48 pm
As an experienced sheitel macher, l can tell you that a wig with split ends is a no no. You might be fooled into thinking that if you'll trim the wig just a tad shorter it wiill solve the problem. It won't. Split ends crawl and the more you cut it the faster it will creep up and before you know it you'll have spikes atop your head. I would suggest you return the wig. Hopefully your sheitel macher is trustworthy and will reimburse you.

noosheen

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 12:47 pm
may I ask the 'mother of the house" what to do for my bangs that got burnt with a hair straightner?
thank you

ray family

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 1:04 pm
MotherOfTheHouse wrote:
As an experienced sheitel macher, l can tell you that a wig with split ends is a no no. You might be fooled into thinking that if you'll trim the wig just a tad shorter it wiill solve the problem. It won't. Split ends crawl and the more you cut it the faster it will creep up and before you know it you'll have spikes atop your head. I would suggest you return the wig. Hopefully your sheitel macher is trustworthy and will reimburse you.

wish s/o told me this when I bought my first sheital. spent over $2000 and the lady convinced me that it looks natural. (n/o in my fam. wears a sheital and I had no clue what I was doing)

G-mom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 11:39 am
thank you so much for your responses im going back with it today and the shaitel macher is a very nice woman with excellent customer service. she gaurantees her shaitels, so I think ill be satisfied.

justmarried123

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 11:39 am
you are very lucky, about a month or two of having my wig, the split ends were horrible, the place I got the wig would do nothing about it, they said well thats what hair does. I hate that im stuck with it, especially since it cost $2500
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels