Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
50,000 miles FREE

healthywoman

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 4:54 pm
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND I WILL SEND YOU A LINK TO APPLY!
THANKS

For a limited time AMEX is offering 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending just $1,000 within 3 months! (you can pay a friend using amazon payments)

The card has a $450 annual fee but If you decide that you don’t want the card and cancel it within 60 days of getting billed for it you will get a full refund. If you can cancel after that point AMEX will prorate the card and refund the number of remaining months. So if you cancel the card after 4 months you will get a $300 refund check.
50,000 AMEX points can get you 2 free domestic tickets or even a ticket to Israel! It can even get you around $750 in cash if you prefer!
Points can now even be transferred to United Mileage Plus miles via Continental Onepass miles!
As a Platinum cardholder you can also get a 20% rebate on points redeemed for air travel ticket bookings.
Here are just some of the benefits of the card besides for the huge signup bonus:
$200 statement credit per calendar year for airline expenses:
Register here with your desired airline.
Up to $200 of incidental spending per calendar year (excluding airfare) with that airline will be credited back to your credit card!
You can buy 4 AA.com or Continental.com gift cards of $50 each and you will get the amount you spend on them refunded back to your account! (For some reason gift cards only work for the $50 amount, so make 4 separate orders of $50)
Don’t have a use for 4 gift cards to AA.com? You can sell them to Plastic Jungle for $166 in cash or $174.30 of Amazon.com gift cards!
You can also use the fee credit (in any increment up to $200) to pay for:
-Baggage fees
-Flight change fees
-In-flight food
-Airport lounge day passes
-Extra-Legroom Seating
-Upgrades to First Class
Unlimited free lounge access for you and your spouse and kids, or for you and 2 companions when flying with:
AA: AAdmiral’s Club
Continental: President’s Club (Access to Continental lounges will end 09/30/11)
Delta: Crown Room Club
USAirways: USAirways Club (You don’t need to be traveling with USAirways for access)
Your AMEX Platinum card is valid for 4 years and you are able to use the card for lounge access until the card expires!
Hate air travel? It’s probably because you don’t have lounge access!
Free Priority Pass Lounge Membership:
Free Priority Pass Membership Enrollment Linky
After enrollment you will be mailed a Priority Pass Membership Card. Only primary cardmembers can enroll online, but you can also get free membership for all of your additional cardholders! Just call 800-525-3355 to enroll them!
Priority Pass Lounge Directory Linky
Priority Pass Mobile Lounge Directory Linky
With Priority Pass you’ll have access to over 600 lounges worldwide and (unlike with the regular AMEX Platinum lounge access with AA, Delta, and Continental as described above) you don’t need to fly that airline in order to access their lounge!
You will get the Prestige Select level of access, which normally costs $399 per year. With this level you can access as many lounges as you want for free. However it is only free for holders of a membership card. Additional guests will be $27 each.
With this new benefit you’ll be able to use lounges like the Dan Lounge in Tel Aviv, United Red Carpet Clubs, or hundreds of other lounges worldwide! Effective 10/01/11 you won’t be able to use the membership to access Continental or United lounges, but it will still work everywhere else.
Give an AMEX Platinum to 3 other people for one fee!
With the AMEX Platinum consumer card (unlike the platinum business card) you can add 3 other people to your account for $175. Each of these cardholders will receive nearly all of the benefits of having the card, such as lounge access. The fee is $175 regardless of if you have 1, 2, or 3 additional cardholders. Like with the primary Platinum annual card fee of $450, this fee is refundable if you decide to cancel within 60 days or prorated if you decide to cancel after that point.
Lose something? It’s covered!!!
Almost no other card offers this! If you lose an item within 3 months of purchasing it, just let AMEX know about it within a month after the loss, fax them your receipt, and they will immediately issue a refund for the item! This protection is for items up to $10,000, and for up to $50,000 in claims per calender year. No police report or any other dirty work is required!
Premium Car Rental Program
AMEX has just launched the Premium Car Rental Program for the AMEX Platinum card! (You need an AMEX Plat to login and view the benefits)
Benefits include:
-A free 2 day weekend Avis rental certificate with every 2 rentals within 6 months. Plus get discounts and free upgrades.
-A 4 hour grace period on Hertz rentals. A 28 hour rental will now count as just 1 day. Plus free #1 Gold membership, discounts, bonus points and free upgrades.
-Complimentary National Emerald Club Executive with Executive Selection-your choice of any fullsize car or higher class while just paying the midsize rate. Plus get discounts, guaranteed upgrades, and a free rental day with six rental credits.
Free Global Entry Enrollment
Global Entry is a US Government program that allows for expedited clearance upon return from an international trip.
The cost to apply for this is $100, which will be automatically refunded when charged to your AMEX Platinum card. The $100 fee will also be refunded for any additional cardholders!
You will be registered for 5 years for free with the program
Free Regus Office Club Membership
Have An AMEX Platinum Card And An iPhone, iPod Touch, Or Blackberry? Get A Regus Office Club Membership For Free!
$10,000 Per Item Purchase Protection
Most cards only cover items up to $1,000 for purchase protection. The AMEX Platinum covers items up to $10,000.
Purchase protection means that if an item you bought within the last 90 days breaks, gets stolen, or is damaged, you will be reimbursed for the cost of the item!
Fine Hotels and Resorts Benefit Program
Book a room at any of the 600+ Fine Hotels and Resorts worldwide and you’ll receive room upgrades, 4pm late checkout, and other special benefits and treatments.
24/7 Platinum Concierge
Need hard-to-get reservations, trip advice, or event planning? Need to send someone a quick gift or get any other research or help done? These guys will take care of it!
Complimentary Starwood Gold Elite Status
This normally requires 25 paid nights in Starwood hotels or $30,000 spent in a calender year on the Starwood AMEX.
It gets you complimentary upgrades at Starwood hotels, 4pm late checkout time, and bonus Starpoints when staying at Starwood hotels.
Baggage protection:
Up to $3,000 in coverage for loss or damage to your checked or carry-on baggage when flying!
Complimentary Membership Rewards First membership
Expanded access to AMEX’s luxury reward options.
Premium Seats program:
Get access to choice seats at sports and entertainment events in NYC and LA.
Event ticket protection (Not available for NYC residents)
Get a refund on event tickets (even when bought from scalpers) if you lose the ticket, have a medical emergency, have an transportation accident, have jury duty, and for many other scenarios.
No Pre-set Spending Limit.
There is no credit limit on this card!
By Invitation Only Events
Get access to exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime events available only to Platinum Card members!
No Foreign Exchange Fee

healthywoman

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 5:29 pm
In case youre worried, a good share of 2 yeshivas I know did it.

healthywoman

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 10:40 pm
anyone else interested? its not as difficult as it sounds

JAWSCIENCE

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 11:08 pm
Amex's are great cards, but there are better cards out there if you are looking for miles. If you are looking to get an Amex and are wiling to pay an annual fee, then this card could be a good idea for you. But if you are looking to maximize mileage, its not.

British Air has a 100,000 mile card going right now. Continental routinely has 50,000 to 100,000 cards out there. There was also an American Airlines card with 100,000 miles recently. These cards wave the annual fee for the first year so you don't pay anything so long as you cancel within the first year - and you keep all the miles. Capital one just gave me 100,000 miles and these are not tied to any specific airline. Inf act I can use them for any travel expense - like hotels. And their conversion rate to cash is pretty good.

The best card for miles varies from time to time so you have to really stay up with the current cards out there and the ones with the best signing bonuses. My entire family is flying for free round trip to Israel from a Citi bank card. No annual fee the first year. No money out of our pocket. Many similar benefits to the ones listed.

I do not want to be Debbie Downer, but you have to think carefully before deciding to even get a credit card yet alone find the right one and research all the options. I know you get mileage for referring people, so I am sorry if I unconvinced some potential clients, but I want to make sure people know what's out there before signing up.

healthywoman

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 11:22 pm
I know that you may be able to find a better mileage card etc but I think the idea of the card is that its supposed to be high class card that gets you cool benefits and into places. I like the fact that you can either use ur mileage or sell the points for money. plus theres a $200 airline credit fee. (see orig post)
they have a list of airlines you can use but the post suggests you use aa or continental for the mere fact that if you use those and you buy a gift card they will reimburse you for it. (if you enrolled first) as opposed to other airlines they offer where you have to use it on extra baggage, flight change etc so if you dont have a use for that you can use the money to buy a gift card which might be more useful to you.

I think it has a lot more benefit to it then just the miles. imho.

Last edited by healthywoman on Thu, Apr 14 2011, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

healthywoman

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 8:36 pm
anyone else interested?

3Qts

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 8:50 pm
Opening and closing a credit card will lower your credit score. While the money sounds great you can lose alot of $$ in the future.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 9:13 pm
It would only lower your credit score temporarily.

But I believe 50,000 points is worth around $500, minus whatever fees aren't refunded.

healthywoman

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 9:54 pm
well theres a place that supposedly gives you 1.7 cents a point which is what I intend to do.
if you cancel before 3 months you shouldnt incur any fees Smile

hi1234

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 11:29 pm
healthywoman wrote:
well theres a place that supposedly gives you 1.7 cents a point which is what I intend to do.
if you cancel before 3 months you shouldnt incur any fees Smile

which place?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains