Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Sit and Stand or triple stroller for twins and 5 year old?

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 1:48 pm
Hello imamother friends,

So we are moving this summer and our new house is much farther from shul than our current house. So right now my 4.5 year old DD can walk and I can push my 18 month old twins in my double stroller and its fine. I do not think that my big girl will be able to handle the walk when we move.

Any recommendations on what I should get that would work for two two year olds and a 5 year old???

Now that I am writing it out it sounds like a crazy idea to begin with!

Gerbera

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 2:06 pm
http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_bigcaboose.php

We bought this for a 2.5 yr old, 11 month old and newborn.

It has a seat option for the 5 year old or the platform to stand on with 2 proper seats for your twins.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 2:09 pm
How about a buggy board in the back of a good double? A triple carriage is not the best idea-it's big and hard to wheel.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 2:52 pm
Ooh, the Joovy looks nice.

My new neighbors are going to think I am crazy!

"Who is that crazy lady that we see pushing that big stroller down the street every Saturday??"

My big girl is currently about 40 pounds and the twins are approx 25 pounds each...wow, so I will be pushing 90 pounds!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 4:48 pm
you take your kids to shul every shabbos? including 18 month old twins? wow.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 4:54 pm
Not EVERY Shobbos....depends on how we are doing that morning.

I grew up going to shul almost every Shobbos...pretty common for MO women.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 5:37 pm
wow. amazing. I'm just trying to picture what the streets of Wmsbg would look like if all women and kids went to shul.... it's bad enough during tekias shofar lol!

Gerbera

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 5:56 pm
I push about 90 now :-) Kids are 3, 20 months and 9 months...my 3 year old is on the heavier end - 45 pounds, then 28 pounds and 22 pounds. I have to say it is pretty easy to push - also my older daughter hops on and off - she isn't always on. Sharp turns are a bit much - and you definitely get some stares - I still use it with the car seat attachment, which adds length to it - so it IS like pushing a train :-) I've seen other people with it in the mall - not much longer than double strollers. Read some of the reviews and see what people say...I bought it after a lot of positive feedback. I walk everywhere and my 3 year old cant do the 20 minute to and from the doctor or the library or school, etc and I couldn't afford the Valco...so we went with this, and it works! I like that it has the 2 snack trays and the canopies are really large too - just no rain cover...It's a good workout :-)

Rodent

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 6:12 pm
I would not recommend a triple. We have one and it's been useful but I had 3 that were 2 1/2 or younger, all of whom needed to be able to have daysleeps while out and about. We have a triple ABC Adventure Buggy (double with top mount) and it WOULD accomodate the weight of your 5 year old just fine (it takes 25kg in each seat) but no pram I have ever seen is really meant for the HEIGHT of a 5 year old, we'd have to recline the seat these days for our 4 year old (who is very tall, granted, taller than a lot of 5 year olds). We make him walk everywhere. These also come with just a seat option on top (non-reclinable) which didn't suit us but I mention it in case that would suit you. But they're expensive anyway so I think there are better options for you.

IF I had thought our eldest needed an option we would have bought one of these to attach to our triple for him:
http://www.mummasmate.com.au/s......html
As it is we didn't need it and he's actually too heavy for it now anyway (it is up to 20kg, our 4 year old is 21kg)

The tandem with standing platform looks like a good option for you also but requires buying a completely new pram, depends what you're up for I suppose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics