Home

Crockpot has hairline crack- throw out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

rovacat

Post Posted: Wed, May 18 2011, 1:36 pm       Post subject: crockpot has hairline crack- throw out?
what would you do? do I throw it out? if so, is it possible to buy just the insert, or do I ahve to buy a whole new crock pot?

would you cook in it even with the crack, or it's not worth the risk...

tia

RachelEve14

Post Posted: Wed, May 18 2011, 1:37 pm       Post subject:
Mine cracked last week too. I threw it out, not worth the risk Sad

ewa-jo

Post Posted: Wed, May 18 2011, 1:40 pm       Post subject: re: crockpot has hairline crack- throw out?
Buy plastic crockpot liners and keep using the crockpot. That's what I would do.

shmaichul

Post Posted: Wed, May 18 2011, 1:46 pm       Post subject:
it happened to me once and I continued using it a few weeks then one friday afternoon the whole thiing exploded! so no, I dont really recomend it Smile

ra_mom

Post Posted: Wed, May 18 2011, 1:56 pm       Post subject: re: crockpot has hairline crack- throw out?
Get a new one. (They are usually not more than $30.)
I've had a broken crock. Not fun.

Shopmiami49

Post Posted: Tue, May 24 2011, 3:40 am       Post subject: Re: re: crockpot has hairline crack- throw out?
ra_mom wrote:
Get a new one. (They are usually not more than $30.)
I've had a broken crock. Not fun.

Agreed. But keep the other pieces (actual pot and lid) b/c you never know when they will come in handy. Last year, our insert broke and we just bought a new crockpot. I saved the lid, though just in case. Well, during Pesach cleaning somebody broke the lid of our new crockpot...but thankfully we had the old one and it fits just fine!

Page 1 of 1
Recent Topics / Hot Topics
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen