Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Hcg diet help
  Previous  1  2  3  4 13  14  15  Next

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
Did you lose on Shabbos??

I didn't lose and didn't gain

It isn't unusual for that to happen since you're eating stuff you wouldn't normally eat (WW matza and dry wine).

Many people though still lose over Shabbos, but plenty don't. Don't worry, just keep doing it right and the weight will come off.

girliemom

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 11:16 am
phase ll day 4 another 2.5 lbs over the last two day - 5 lbs. total in 3 days!

Shabbos was murder. I was starving hungry. The meals were pure torture. Please somebody tell me it's gonna be better next week, I don't know if I can go through this again.

Talia your weight loss is unbelievable!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 11:27 am
girliemom wrote:
phase ll day 4 another 2.5 lbs over the last two day - 5 lbs. total in 3 days!

Shabbos was murder. I was starving hungry. The meals were pure torture. Please somebody tell me it's gonna be better next week, I don't know if I can go through this again.

Talia your weight loss is unbelievable!

Shabbos is hard. Just keep remembering that is only for a short period of time and you'll have great results.

girliemom

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 8:40 am
phase ll, day 5 another 1.4 lbs. lost - a total of 6.5 lbs. so far.

It's going alot better now. I'm feeling less hungry and have no more headaches. I quess weekdays are easier than shabbos.

I am getting a little nervous for Shavuos though. If shabbos was tough I can only imagine what two days yom tov will be.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 8:54 am
girliemom wrote:
phase ll, day 5 another 1.4 lbs. lost - a total of 6.5 lbs. so far.

It's going alot better now. I'm feeling less hungry and have no more headaches. I quess weekdays are easier than shabbos.

I am getting a little nervous for Shavuos though. If shabbos was tough I can only imagine what two days yom tov will be.

Great work. Headaches in the beginning are usually detox headaches, getting all the sugar out of your system. Don't last more than a few days or so.

I think Shabbos gets easier (buts never the easiest part) as you keep doing it. Shavuos will be harder -- I did it over Rosh Hashanah. As long as keep thinking of the great results you'll have you can do it.

Keep up the good work. Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 8:58 am
Talia here.

Phase 2 Day 5 weigh in (after 4 days of the low cal diet and spray) = .60 pounds lost for total weight lost to date of 7.2 pounds. I feel good overall but looking forward to Phase 3!

girliemom

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 9:41 am
thanks OOTbubby!

150 request

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 2:49 pm
Hey - I just started this diet to! Im in day 2 of Phase 2 - I gained a half pound in the loading stage and lost 31/2 lbs between yesterday and today!

I have a crazy headache - but I was told that it eventually goes away - looking forward to that.
Im also having such a hard time with food - I dont really like fish and your not supposed to eat the same protien twice a day - so I eat chicken for one meal and Im stuck for the other...
Theres not a big variety allowed in Phase 2 so Im finding it kindof difficult - but I will persevere! I am really determined to lose my weight and KEEP IT OFF!!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 2:53 pm
150 request wrote:
Hey - I just started this diet to! Im in day 2 of Phase 2 - I gained a half pound in the loading stage and lost 31/2 lbs between yesterday and today!

I have a crazy headache - but I was told that it eventually goes away - looking forward to that.
Im also having such a hard time with food - I dont really like fish and your not supposed to eat the same protien twice a day - so I eat chicken for one meal and Im stuck for the other...
Theres not a big variety allowed in Phase 2 so Im finding it kindof difficult - but I will persevere! I am really determined to lose my weight and KEEP IT OFF!!

If you don't eat fish, it is better to eat chicken twice a day than it is to eat beef daily (that should be occasionally). You can also have eggs or cottage cheese occasionally (see the food guide).

Good work. Keep it up!

amother

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 4:17 pm
OOTBubby I asked a Moderator about it and she said that's not true, about better eating chicken twice a day then beef daily.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 4:24 pm
amother wrote:
OOTBubby I asked a Moderator about it and she said that's not true, about better eating chicken twice a day then beef daily.

Maybe the current thinking has changed, that isn't what they'd said about it a number of months ago.

They do constantly rethink and reevaluate different things to be sure of what works better. Certainly do as she suggests.

girliemom

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 11:35 am
only lost .2 today Sad . Not sure what I did wrong. I've been very strict with myself, no cheating whatsoever.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 11:37 am
girliemom wrote:
only lost .2 today Sad . Not sure what I did wrong. I've been very strict with myself, no cheating whatsoever.

It doesn't mean you did something wrong. Some days are more, some are less. It all averages out. Not every day will be the same.

girliemom

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 11:44 am
It's just that it's such a drastic difference from losing a lb. or more till now, so it's kind of a letdown. Does that mean that it'll go slower from now on or can it still jump back to a pound a day?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 11:51 am
girliemom wrote:
It's just that it's such a drastic difference from losing a lb. or more till now, so it's kind of a letdown. Does that mean that it'll go slower from now on or can it still jump back to a pound a day?

It might jump back there occasionally, but not likely every day. It is normal to lose the fastest in the beginning. Remember that women should expect to have an average loss of half a pound a day. And also remember, that you won't lose that fast with any other diet.

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 11:58 am
Talia here.

I lost 1.2 pounds. Total weight loss= 8.4 pounds down after 5 days on the diet (I don't count the loading days here).

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 12:07 pm
Girliemom, It's very normal to fluctuate. Don't worry. Just keep going. Log on to the forum or chatroom of the ketomist website and you'll see that it's normal. There's a lot of support, help and good advice there.

Talia you're doing great.

150request:
Please do not skip Protein. It's very important. According to the moderator it's better to eat eggs for one meal every day than skip Protein.
I do cottage cheese every day because I don't like fish.
I am in day 10 and have lost 12.5 pounds.
But I do try to eat fish like twice a week.
Try eating fish as much as you can, otherwise it is fine to substitute with eggs or cottage cheese. Just do not skip proteins!

Michelle

150 request

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 4:00 pm
I wanted to makes eggs for breakfast today but I couldnt figure out how to make it?!? - How do I cook it w/o oil or butter?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 4:09 pm
150 request wrote:
I wanted to makes eggs for breakfast today but I couldnt figure out how to make it?!? - How do I cook it w/o oil or butter?

You can use a non-stick pan and put a little water in first. I personally don't care for it that way and I don't usually eat eggs.

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 4:47 pm
I did the hcg by injection 3 years ago under the care of my physician. I lost 26 lbs during P2 and another 8 in P3. I went through a rough couple of years and in the last 2 years put all the weight back on. I became such an emotional eater. I spoke with my Dr. He said I can decide to be proactive and do something about it or I would just keep on going the way I was going.

I know what worked for me and I know what "broke" me.

I waited until after Pesach to begin. I am doing injections again. I have no experience with the drops. I am on VLCD 17 and I have lost 17.1 lbs.

I have a few recipes that I cycle through.

Fish & Cabbage (I like Tilapia or Flouder)
100 g fish
Cabbage, thinly sliced
1 Lemon
Braggs Liquid Amino Acids
Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb

I put the cabbage in a pot and place the fish fillet on top. Squeeze the lemon on top of the fish & cabbage. Then I sprinkle on the Mrs. Dash, squirt on some Braggs. I cover & then put over a medium heat. Once the fish is steamed. I mix it all together.

I also cut up some tomatoes, add lean beef, garlic & onions.

I like to make spinach with garlic and eat it with baked chicken breast.

I bought an hcg cookbook. It is HUGE, but I still tend to go back to the same 3 meals that I know I will eat.

What does everyone do for Shabbos meals?

Thank you for the wonderful idea Michelle. You can call me Jennifer.
Page 3 of 15   Previous  1  2  3  4 13  14  15  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise