Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
HELP! How to get mold/mildew out of the carriage

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 5:39 pm
Stupid me left ds's carriage outside on my porch (in the bungalow colony) and every time it rained in, it got a little wet. So I figured, great! It's getting a rinse of its dirt. NOOOO!!! After a terrible week of thunderstorms, it's half black with mold or mildew. I tried washing it, didn't come out.

PLEASE HELP!! Any ideas? It's a city mini if that helps. Made from nylon I think.

hop613

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 7:03 pm
I read somewhere that lemon juice and salt might work. Never tried it, but who knows

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 7:35 pm
Thanks so much! Gonna try it tonight, will let you know how it works.

bnm

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 11:08 pm
at least you can throw it in the wash... google 'how to get mold off fabric' you might find someone who had the same issue. just a tip- be carefull about putting the hood in the wash, thats how I bent mine, costs 45 dollars to replace... I need to bend it back into shape...

mom2cutee

Post Sun, Aug 14 2011, 6:57 am
soaking in vinegar might help

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 1:09 pm
Quote:
Stupid me left ds's carriage outside on my porch (in the bungalow colony) and every time it rained in, it got a little wet. So I figured, great! It's getting a rinse of its dirt. NOOOO!!! After a terrible week of thunderstorms, it's half black with mold or mildew. I tried washing it, didn't come out.

PLEASE HELP!! Any ideas? It's a city mini if that helps. Made from nylon I think.

I just discovered that I have the same problem! Did you manage to get it out? What did you use?
Does anyone think that something like tilex (or any mold remover for tiles...) might work?

Fabulous

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 1:26 pm
Ok, so I just managed to do it yesterday, it's in the wash now. If it doesn't work, my next step is vinegar.

ETA: It looks a little bit better. I'm wondering if I should do it again or try vinegar. Anyone have any experience with vinegar? Bnm, the lemon and salt was what I found on google too.

mom2cutee

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 2:40 pm
yupp, I tried vinegar on a shirt last week, it took it out a little. like made the black spots lighter. maybe I have to it again....

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 2:51 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Ok, so I just managed to do it yesterday, it's in the wash now. If it doesn't work, my next step is vinegar.

ETA: It looks a little bit better. I'm wondering if I should do it again or try vinegar. Anyone have any experience with vinegar? Bnm, the lemon and salt was what I found on google too.
What sort of material and what color is it?
I would say a super hot wash in the machine, with vinegar, with the top of the machine open so that it stops after the agitation, and then turn back the cycle to agitate it again a few times, before closing the lid and allowing the full cycle to run. Provided of course that the material and color can handle to hot cycle.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 17 2011, 9:41 pm
It's nylon and it's orange. It actually came out pretty well after I did it again with the lemon juice and salt and let it "bleach" in the sun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry