Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do I clean my rings?

Dimpled

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 5:09 pm
I usually brush with a toothbrush and toothpaste, but that just doesn't do a well enough job.
Is there any way to do it myself without having my diamond+wedding rings professionally cleaned?

kb

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 5:45 pm
Some jewelry stores will clean it for free, but you can also buy a jewelry cleaning solution - I have one from zales that works very well.

Shuly

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 6:51 pm
Mix amonia and warm water and soak your jewelry in it. You can brush with a soft toothbrush afterward, but you might not need to. Everything comes out so sparkly!

mfb

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:11 pm
I cook up mr. clean and water and put in any diamond and gold jewelery, my ring has a high setting so I sometimes clean with a toothpick afterwards

skymile

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:58 pm
as a kallah I wore my engagement ring full time so I had to clean it before the wedding. I simply soaked it in rubbing alcohol and then rinsed it while brushing gently.

IloveHashem613

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 11:18 pm
kb wrote:
Some jewelry stores will clean it for free, but you can also buy a jewelry cleaning solution - I have one from zales that works very well.

but never ever ever give your diamond ring to a jewler who you don't know and complety trust, they can easily take it to the back and quickly take out the diamond and put in a fake one that looks exactly like yours...this is what my Mom always told me

observer

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 12:03 am
can you use the ammonia/water solution to clean earrings and bracelets too? is there a risk of it getting ruined?

KiKi

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 3:38 am
Don't think there is any risk. Works wonders.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 11:02 am
I wash my everyday jewelry every week, but a time or 2 a year, I do a full cleaning on everhything. I use Mr Clean.

Yes, you can take your stuff to be steamed, but unless you stand right there, you really never now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry