Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How should I react

precious

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 10:59 am
my almost 5 year old son constantly hurts/bothers my 3 year old, who runs to me SCREAMING each time, or even if he's tired/upset and the 5 year old just speaks to him. I've been giving him hugs and kisses each time, which makes him feel better, but how do I get him to STOP running to me screaming all the time. I started telling him to go back to 5 year old and tell him thats not nice/ no hurting me/ etc. but 5 year old ignores or hurts again. How do I teach him to handle it calmly and stand up for himself?

goforit

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 11:31 am
you can try giving small treats (choclatechips) to your 3 yr old for not hitting back. Boy did my 5yr old stop hitting! (even I don't really like that he is stoping because of jealousy.....)

precious

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 11:56 am
I used to do that but I stopped cuz 5 year old didnt care after first few times and 3 year old was constantly asking for treats every little thing.
also, hitting back is not the problem (yet). its the running to me and screaming.

precious

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 9:34 pm
any more ideas???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers