Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Small houses and laundry

MommyEsty

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 8:00 am
what do people with small houses , ie no designated laundry room do with their clean but not yet put away laundry?

I do laundry mostly daily but do not have time to fold and put away every time

where do you keep the piled up clothes?

and same thing with ironing, I have a ioroning pile, allot of it is not worn in a regular baisis no no need to rush the ironing which I dont have time fotr anyway, but where do you keep it while its waiting ?

I am trying to make my babys room into that little princess room (spending no more than £5) that she so deserves Flower

lizard8

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 8:34 am
I use a collapsable laundry basket for the clean laundry that hasn't yet been put away. Once I fold, it gets put away immediately.

Why don't you get a rectangular laundry basket? You can keep the folded stuff there and its easier to put everything away.

http://www.target.com/p/2-Bush.....27305

It might not have a proper place, but its contained so its not so bad.

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 8:47 am
I used to sort & fold it all on the dining room table and then put it away.

MamaBear

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 9:21 am
I usually only do laundry on a day where I have time to fold it and put it away. If I anticpate having a busier evening, I hold off. If something comes up or I end up being too tired to fold it, I leave it in the dryer so I can retoss it in there the next day. Or if it's more than 1 load I'll lay out a towel on the ground in my bedroom and pile it on there.

I hate laundry!

Simple1

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 9:24 am
This might sound crazy, but some things can be put away unfolded like underwear. You might think it will be crumpled and messy, but better to be out of sight and messy than piled on your couch and messy. If you ever get a chance, you can neaten the drawers.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 4:51 pm
you can even put stuff in shopping bags which can be stuck anyplace.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 4:58 pm
Simple1 wrote:
This might sound crazy, but some things can be put away unfolded like underwear. You might think it will be crumpled and messy, but better to be out of sight and messy than piled on your couch and messy. If you ever get a chance, you can neaten the drawers.

this is true.
I never fold underwear. And all my socks are the same so I never have to match them. Also pjs never get folded
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry