Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
ISO of English language TV show for 6 yo DD

chanchy123

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:11 am
I don't know if this is the right section, but humor me anyway.
I'm looking for an appropriate TV show in English for my Hebrew speaking gifted DD. She understands very basic English and I would like to increase her vocabulary and hopefully have a study plan based on words from the show.
She used to love watching Dora the Explorer and though we didn't formally study words she learned a lot from it. But she has grown out of it, and I don't really know what's out there for kids her age. It doesn't have to be Jewish themed, but must be age appropriate.
I live in Israel so links to hulu etc. don't work for me. Any DVD recommendations would also be appreciated.

grace413

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 4:07 am
Try Arthur. It's dubbed into Hebrew on TV so you'd need the DVD. If you have cable you can watch it in Hebrew to see if you think it's age appropriate for her.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 4:30 am
I guess, I wasn't clear, we don't have a TV. I was thinking I could either get a DVD, download the show, or stream it.
I just need names of shows.

lech lecha08

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 1:19 am
My DD is a bit younger than yours (5) and she enjoys
Diego - same style as Dora but they learn about animals
Umizoomi - centers around math

They're both in Hebrew on the walla site if you want to check them out and see if they'd be "beneath" her. I'd have to ask DH how he downlaods them in English. Nick Jr. website doesn't allow viewing from Israel.

anon for this

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 1:39 am
Sesame Street/ The Electric Company

chanchy123

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 2:11 am
lech lecha08 wrote:
My DD is a bit younger than yours (5) and she enjoys
Diego - same style as Dora but they learn about animals
Umizoomi - centers around math

They're both in Hebrew on the walla site if you want to check them out and see if they'd be "beneath" her. I'd have to ask DH how he downlaods them in English. Nick Jr. website doesn't allow viewing from Israel.

My kids watch Diego in Hebrew occasionally. I hate it, but they like it. We have the first season of Dora in English DH downloaded a few years ago.
I guess DD has grown out of them. She's in first grade. DS (almost five) loves watching both Diego and Dora, he doesn't even mind watching the English versions (and he can't really follow unlike DD).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics