Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where should I stay?

amother

Post Fri, Oct 07 2011, 10:54 am
My parents are divorced but live a few blocks away from each other. I still haven't decided where I'm going to sleep/hang out over YK. I will not be going to shul at all as I have a nursing baby. Both my parents have hired babysitters as they both have young children. My mother has an elementary-school aged child capable of entertaining himself, so the babysitter won't have to do much with him other than feed him lunch, bring him to shul for a little bit and then take him home when it's been enough, and just generally be around as he's not old enough to be home alone. My dad has a preschooler and a toddler, so that babysitter will have her hands much more full. However, my dad has the more comfortable abode. Our room there is more spacious and private (own bathroom), has room for 2 beds (at mom's DH would have to sleep on the couch), is closer to shul (for DH) and has lots of seforim and appropriate YK reading material to get me through the day. Mom mostly has tabloid magazines. We are eating seuda mafsekes with dad, break-fast with mom. I can't switch between residences- I'm staying home in the first place to conserve my energy, and also, the eruv in the area is controversial and we don't personally rely on it. So, what do you think we should do?

amother

Post Fri, Oct 07 2011, 2:03 pm
Stay at your own home where you'll be most comfortable. Or pick who will be the most help. Do you plan on using your parent's babysitters? if you mom's has more time to help you go there. You can bring your own non tabloid reading material too! But it's you dh's call if he minds sleeping on the couch or not. I'd feel bad asking mine to do that on YK.

I vote for stay at your own home, maybe even eat before and after at home, too. You're an adult. I promise you, you can do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics