Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Weaning from nursing

amother

Post Sat, Nov 12 2011, 8:32 pm
I want to wean my 15 month old baby from nursing. I started weaning when he was 1 but he fell back and wants no nurse all day. I searched online and cant find any helpful tips. Anyone btdt that can give me tips that work? One of my friends told me to put a bandaid and say mommy has a booboo but it doesn't help, he pulls it off Rolling Eyes

TIA

amother

Post Sat, Nov 12 2011, 9:56 pm
I just weaned my 15 month old, I firstly cut it down to 2 nursings a day (the rest I substituted with yogurt, applesauce, and just anything I thought he'll be able to eat), 1 before going to bed and one during the day sometime. After a week of doing that I cut it down to only at night. like 2 weeks later stopped at night as well, it was not easy!!! he cried for about 15 min then fell asleep. It took about a week until he realized "no more" but now he even sleeps through the night!

Its been a month now, and I wanted to see what would happen if I nurse again, well, he was so excited and went straight back to it, I let him for a few minutes then said I better stop now if I dont want all that work lost!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 5:54 pm
Op here

Thanks for your advice I'll try to be strong.

israeli83

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 4:26 am
My baby is 8 months old so I'm not thinking about weaning him yet, but I think I'll do it when he'll be around a year and a half. I just wanted to say that it must be difficult on the mom to wean her baby. I got so used to breastfeeding him and he still wants it like every 2-3 hours even with solid foods! I know when I'll wean him, I'll feel so sad since we bond together when I nurse him and I love that closeness.

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 4:50 am
You can drop one feeding at a time. You can offer something else instead at other feedings. Obviously at 15 months this is not your child's only source of nutrition. Different things work for different kids and different moms. (My 1st two self-weaned...DS#3 is showing no signs of letting up, but I'm definitely ready.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics