Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
ISO the perfect sippy cup...

5*Mom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 8:09 am
...or at least one that REALLY doesn't drip and is easy to clean without collecting gunk in hard to reach places. 14 mo old isn't picky about hard vs. soft spout, round vs. flat vs. mouth shaped, etc. Only thing that won't work is a straw. Any recommendations?

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 8:50 am
All you need for those "hard to reach places" is a bottle brush...

farmom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 8:58 am
Avent doesn't drip. They are expensive, but the various parts fit on all their products, so when you lose the handles, you can take it from a bottle.
The cups are easy to clean, although they do get a bit of gunk in the spout. I found that soaking them in dishwasher soap got rid of everything.

ntm1

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 9:23 am
tommee tippee

mizle10

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 9:38 am
AVENT AVENT AVENT AVENT!!! I wanna start an advertising campaing for them! THEY WILL NOT DRIP. And they are super easy to clean. I'm obsessed with them, I told all my siblings they MUST try them out!

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 10:43 am
I like the playtex ones.

5*Mom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 10:47 am
Marion wrote:

Nope, not quite. I've got one, even a mini one supposedly made specifically for nipples and spouts and it just doesn't get into the tight little spaces.

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I'll check them out!

mizle10

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 11:01 am
5*Mom wrote:
Marion wrote:

Nope, not quite. I've got one, even a mini one supposedly made specifically for nipples and spouts and it just doesn't get into the tight little spaces.

You can clean the avent spout with a small bottle brush very easily. My playtex ones started to leak after a few days.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 11:16 am
We have been using the same Playtex insulated sippy cups for almost 3 years with NO issues whatsoever. One particular one has survived being thrown full force down three flights and landing HARD on the pavement, being thrown out of cribs MANY MANY MANY times, being stepped on, etc. Extremely durable and easy to clean.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 1:51 pm
mizle10 wrote:
5*Mom wrote:
Marion wrote:

You can clean the avent spout with a small bottle brush very easily. My playtex ones started to leak after a few days.

that's probably because the plastic piece on the bottom is not put in properly. It keeps it from leaking. I take it off when I wash it and replace it properly and it never leaks.

IamI

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 1:58 pm
here's another vote for avent!

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 2:07 pm
Avent fan here too! Wink

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 2:12 pm
We love our Born Free cups. They are made in Israel, but we actually have had an easier time finding the cups and replacement parts in the US. http://www.amazon.com/Born-Fre....._ba_1 The training cup is drip free, but the drinking cup is valveless, so make sure it is a training cup! It does have one spot in the valve that needs a small bottle brush to get to, but over all, it is pretty easy to wash.

esther2

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 3:20 am
avent!

mizle10

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 3:29 am
Fabulous wrote:
mizle10 wrote:
5*Mom wrote:
Marion wrote:

that's probably because the plastic piece on the bottom is not put in properly. It keeps it from leaking. I take it off when I wash it and replace it properly and it never leaks.

I know, but whenever my DD drops her sippy vup (which is every time she's done drinking) the pece falls out and I'm left with juice all over my floor. Maybe she just drops it really hard? I don't know, I never have a mess with avent.

imamiri

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 12:25 am
I vote for the Playtex Insulator. never have had a leak problem!

HappyMom :-)

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:21 am
I have pretty much tried them all and FINALLY settled on Tommee Tippee cups. There are a few different styles and stages. They don't leak and they hold a lot of liquid. I love them. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics