Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Silly Puttey

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 6:22 am
Okay I've got quite a bit of clothing with silly putty on them.
Any way to get them off?

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 8:19 am
try the freezer. after a few hours scrape it off.

shevi82

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 8:55 am
In the past I have used peanut butter to get gum off and it worked, it should probably work the same on silly putty.

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 9:55 am
I already washed it 5 times - it got lighter but it's still RED on grey shabbos pants.

shiam

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 10:17 am
From Crayolas site

http://www.crayola.com/canwehe.....d=285

Question: Do you have stain removal information for Silly Putty on fabric?

Answer: We offer stain removal suggestions for both Crayola and Silly Putty products. You can find this information by going to Stain Removal.

Specifically, the suggestion for removing Silly Putty from fabric is as follows:

How to remove Silly Putty® & Clay from fabric:

Materials

Dull knife or metal spoon, Liquid dish soap, WD-40® (car part lubricant, Rubbing alcohol, Cotton ball, Soft cloth or sponge

Procedure

Scrape off excess Silly Putty® or clay with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. Scrape excess Silly Putty® or clay with dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Respray with WD-40 and wipe off stain with cotton balls. If any stain remains, saturate a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, blot the stain and rinse. Wipe any remaining residue or remaining stain with a damp sponge or cloth moistened with liquid dish soap.

Please bear in mind, all the stain removal suggestions we offer have been tested in our laboratory, but we are unable to guarantee the results. We recommend you test our suggestion in an inconspicuous area first.

Good Luck

imasinger

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 10:18 am
I've tried the recommendations but not had much luck removing it. Of course, I was dealing with carpets and fleece.

Strawberry2

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 2:59 am
Won't WD-40 ruin the pants - they're his best Shabbos pants. He could get away I guess with the reddish stain, but if the wd-40 takes color off the pants, then I can toss it.
Anyone tried WD-40 on clothing? If yes wich color? And of course did it help.

Strawberry2

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 3:00 am
shiam wrote:
From Crayolas site

http://www.crayola.com/canwehe.....d=285

Question: Do you have stain removal information for Silly Putty on fabric?

Answer: We offer stain removal suggestions for both Crayola and Silly Putty products. You can find this information by going to Stain Removal.

Specifically, the suggestion for removing Silly Putty from fabric is as follows:

How to remove Silly Putty® & Clay from fabric:

Materials

Dull knife or metal spoon, Liquid dish soap, WD-40® (car part lubricant, Rubbing alcohol, Cotton ball, Soft cloth or sponge

Procedure

Scrape off excess Silly Putty® or clay with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. Scrape excess Silly Putty® or clay with dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Respray with WD-40 and wipe off stain with cotton balls. If any stain remains, saturate a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, blot the stain and rinse. Wipe any remaining residue or remaining stain with a damp sponge or cloth moistened with liquid dish soap.

Please bear in mind, all the stain removal suggestions we offer have been tested in our laboratory, but we are unable to guarantee the results. We recommend you test our suggestion in an inconspicuous area first.

Good Luck

Thanks for taking your time to post this. I'll try it with the linen. Don't know why I let it into the house Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry