Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Totally Clueless

suzyq

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 1:00 pm
My baby is 5 months old and will soon outgrow his snap n go (and I'm tired of lugging the carseat in and out of the car). I need to purchase a "real" stroller but I am completely and totally clueless. Like, don't have any idea even about my options. So I figured I would turn to my Imamothers for suggestions.

I do know the following:

- I want something that is easy to fold and un-fold and will fit in the trunk of my somewhat small car. Since I'll be doing this a lot, lightweight is helpful.

- I'm not cheap but there will be no bugaboo for this baby. I'd like to keep it under $300.

- I'd like to easily be able to take walks with my baby. Both of us love being outside.

- I don't want to have to buy a ton of accessories like cup holders and whatever else they sell. I'd like it to work pretty well without having to purchase extras.

- I like having the solid handlebar rather than the two handles.

What else do I even need to think about? Suggestions? Thank you dear Imamothers for your advice Smile

Raisin

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 1:43 pm
city mini ticks all of your boxes. @$200, VERY easy to fold, nice to push, soilid handlebar.

No cupholder but I bought one to go with it. as well as a hook to hang shopping bags.

miami85

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 2:30 pm
I agree the city mini sounds like a decent option for you.

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 2:33 pm
another vote for the city mini. In your price range (even after purchasing the extras you might need & want), sooo easy to push (I push it 1 handed all the time), super easy to fold & unfold-also 1 done handed while holding a baby. & it comes in nice colors Wink

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 2:34 pm
I love my Zooper Waltz
Under $300 and has every single thing you need with it. Best canopy ever. Mine came with a rain cover, I can't tell if this does...foot muff. This one has a tray/cup holder also. Easy to push, easy to fold and unfold, easy to recline. One handlebar, decent basket, car seat compatible.
My 2004 manufactured stroller I've had over 6 years with heavy use and it's still holding up beautifully.

spring13

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 2:39 pm
Check out what Baby Gizmo calls "lightweight plus" strollers - they're all-purpose, more or less, without being too flimsy or too bulky. Some examples include City Mini, Valco Ion, Valco Zee, Britax B-Agile, Cybex Callisto, Peg Perego Vela, Hauck Malibu.

chaylizi

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 2:43 pm
2 things:

Firstly, my Bug Bee was $200 on CL. Not everything in life has to be brand spanking new.

Secondly, the Mountain Buggy Swift is an awesome car/travel/mini AT stroller.

claire heron

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 3:03 pm
I have the hauck malibu its the worst decision I ever made feels like youre pushing a beer doesnt turn well and basket its tiny and you need both hands to unfold

Peanut2

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 3:06 pm
I really don't like the city mini, but it does answer all your requirements. I don't like the way the baby/tot sits in it.

Check out baby gizmo. Also see if you can check out strollers in real life at the store, since you want something that is easy to fold and put in the trunk. And you can see how the baby sits in it... Smile

abmom

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 3:19 pm
Mountain Buggy swift. I don't know the price though.
City Mini is also great.

suzyq

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 7:43 pm
Thank you everyone for your suggestions - keep them coming! I'm definitely going to check out the City Mini - I know people who have it, so I am sure I can try it out. Is there one store that carries a lot of these so I could try them before buying?

bnm

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 8:56 pm
suzyq wrote:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions - keep them coming! I'm definitely going to check out the City Mini - I know people who have it, so I am sure I can try it out. Is there one store that carries a lot of these so I could try them before buying?

Buy Buy Baby carries most of these.

amother

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 9:03 pm
chaylizi wrote:
2 things:

Firstly, my Bug Bee was $200 on CL. Not everything in life has to be brand spanking new.

I've been considering the MB Swift. Can you tell me how it's a travel stroller? Does it fold well, hold a car seat?

1rivky1

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 2:53 am
I've had a peg perego and I just got a City Mini...really happy with it...pushes well, folds easily, great price!!! Fro someone who currently owns 4 strollers, it's your best bet! good luck!

Raisin

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 4:39 am
chaylizi wrote:
2 things:

thats a really good deal for a bugaboo. But anyway even if op could find a bugaboo at that price, I don't think it folds easily.

I agree - go to the store and try them out.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:51 am
Honestly, I didn't have better luck going to stores since everything pushed very smoothly on shiny, glossy tiled floors Smile

It did help me figure out if things were the right height, etc for me, but didn't give me an accurate picture of how things would steer in the real world.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 8:18 pm
Raisin wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
2 things:

thats a really good deal for a bugaboo. But anyway even if op could find a bugaboo at that price, I don't think it folds easily.

I agree - go to the store and try them out.

It's a Bee (the travel stroller), not a Frog or Cam. The fold takes 2 fingers on each hand and about that many seconds. It's easy enough to try it out at the store anyway.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 8:19 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Honestly, I didn't have better luck going to stores since everything pushed very smoothly on shiny, glossy tiled floors Smile

It did help me figure out if things were the right height, etc for me, but didn't give me an accurate picture of how things would steer in the real world.

Going to stores helps if you want to see the actual size, folded size, and learn how to fold each model to see what works for you.

bunny1

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 7:15 pm
although I have the bugoboo I always end up using my maclaren buggy. it answers almost all requirements just that it has two handles which you prefered that not. extremely light to fold and carry. cost in london roughly £170

suzyq

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 8:19 pm
Thanks everyone! I ended up getting the City Mini. I found an incredible deal on last year's mini at www.albeebaby.com and once I saw the video of the fold and how small it is when folded, I was sold. It actually came a day after I ordered it and we LOVE it! Thank you for all your help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics