Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Buying first shoes online

goodmorning

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 10:59 am
Is there any reason why first shoes (or other baby shoes) can't be bought online? I'm thinking of buying Stride-Rite shoes (they have a printable foot-measuring chart so you can easily figure out the size) from a site with free return shipping, so if they don't fit, I'll just send them back.
But something - maybe it's just some old-fashioned sensibilities - in me is convinced that you need a "professional fitter" in a real store. Do you? If not, I'd like to save some time and money by getting them online.

spring13

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 11:05 am
I'd go to a real store for a fitting at least. Hit a Stride Rite, find out the exact size, and then go online and find Stride Rite shoes for the best price.

mamalooshin

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 11:23 am
I too recommend at least one professional fitting now. You need to find out if your baby's foot is unique in any way (ask the fitter!) - such as a narrower than average heel, etc. - and if there are any particular styles that would be best for her/him. An ill-fitting shoe can cause problems in other areas besides the foot as the feet support the entire body.

I'd also recommend a professional fitting at least every two to three years to keep on top of things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics