Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
DD not eating bread!!

readysetgo

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 10:59 am
My two year old is just not eating bread normally. She lets is stay on top of her mouth, where it gets all watery and mushy. Then after about 1/2 hour she either swallows it, or spits it out, and occasionally she vomits out of disgust. Help!! This happens with plain bread and also with any spread I put on it. I think she is just lazy to chew like a normal person. Otherwise with all other food, she is ok. Pretty picky eater, and she eats only while I read a story to her, or play with toys. Anybody else have this?

grin

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 11:23 am
so, what's wrong with her not eating any bread, if she'll eat anything else?

chanahlady

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 3:39 pm
Maybe she doesn't like the consistency of bread. Give her crackers or matzo instead, perhaps. Is it important that she eat bread?

bamamama

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 2:29 am
really we eat too much bread in our culture. Good for her if she doesn't like it.

sped

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 5:53 am
Does she do the same if you toast the bread? Can it be the texture that is hard for her to handle?

anonymrs

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 6:18 am
There is nothing wrong with not eating bread, as long as she is eating other foods. I know bread is the easiest thing and requires almost no prep time but it is not even that healthy to eat so much bread. I really wouldn't worry.

tsiggelle

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 8:12 am
dont fight with her on food

try and give her cooked whole grains, eg barley.

minnie mouse

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 9:33 am
I wouldn't make an issue out of it. Not important to eat bread at all. As long as she's getting her proteins, thats perfectly ok.

readysetgo

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 10:54 am
I'll try to toast her bread. Thanks Sped. Thank you all for replying.

gp2.0

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 11:05 am
Bread is so unimportant. In our house it is a shabbos food, or a last resort.

Protein, fiber and healthy fats are so much more important. Eggs, cheese, avocado, nuts, fruits, vegetables.

smss

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 11:35 am
I agree with everyone here...
I don't know where you live but in the gans in Israel it is like the biggest deal to get the kids to eat their bread. The kids HAVE to be sent with a sandwich. If they come with something else they get a frown and a "tell your mother to send you bread tomorrow." And then the fight begins to get them to finish it. I've worked with ganenets who will not let a kid go to the playroom with everyone else until they finish their huge roll that is way too much for them. If you eat your crust you get a sticker, etc... Sometimes it gets really crazy - like the kid doesn't want their white bread with chocolate spread, but "no you can't eat your apple until you finish your sandwich." I think it's absolutely sick. If a kid doesn't like bread all the better! I would be MUCH better off if I didn't like bread. Smile As long as she is eating other food then great.

bamamama

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 7:36 pm
smss wrote:
I agree with everyone here...
I don't know where you live but in the gans in Israel it is like the biggest deal to get the kids to eat their bread. The kids HAVE to be sent with a sandwich. If they come with something else they get a frown and a "tell your mother to send you bread tomorrow." And then the fight begins to get them to finish it. I've worked with ganenets who will not let a kid go to the playroom with everyone else until they finish their huge roll that is way too much for them. If you eat your crust you get a sticker, etc... Sometimes it gets really crazy - like the kid doesn't want their white bread with chocolate spread, but "no you can't eat your apple until you finish your sandwich." I think it's absolutely sick. If a kid doesn't like bread all the better! I would be MUCH better off if I didn't like bread. Smile As long as she is eating other food then great.

this is just ridiculous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics