Home

What did I do wrong? (brown rice question)
Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Fabulous

Post Posted: Tue, Jun 12 2012, 3:18 pm       Post subject: Re: re: What did I do wrong? (brown rice question)
happy mom1 wrote:
I once tried brown rice in the oven with chicken. I t cooked for hours and hours and I kept adding water... It was horrible Embarassed
Any tips how to make brown rice in the oven?

brown rice, oil or margarine, can of mushrooms, onion soup mix, cover with water (needs to covered with a full inch or so of water. Cover. Bake for about two hours. Check on it and mix every half hour to see if it needs more water.

chana_f

Post Posted: Wed, Jun 13 2012, 2:01 pm       Post subject: re: What did I do wrong? (brown rice question)
Surprised to see everyone using lots of water. I find that a ratio of 1.75 cup water for every cup of brown rice is perfect. Cook for 45 minutes in a thick pot (a thin metal pot will burn the rice).

I make this every week, 4 cups brown rice, 7 cups water, bring to a boil and then simmer on #2 (where #1 is the lowest flame setting) for 45 min. Fluff. Perfect!
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2