Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Ds likes to pish outside. ignore?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 1:22 am
so one time we were outside and he was desperate to go so I was afraid he'd have an accident and let him pee outside on the grass. Ever since then he sometimes asks to go outside which I say no to and take him to the toilet but if he is outside already, then lately he's been pulling his pants down and pishing outside.

He's 3
should I just ignore this and he'll grow out of it or should I do something to discourage it?

naomi2

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:58 am
I'm dealing with the same issue, any advice??

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 2:48 pm
Give him a small reward with lots of praise when he makes an effort to use the toilet indoors, and don't even look when he goes outside. Make it a rule to use the toilet before going to play outside.

There4you

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:49 pm
I only let my son go outside if there is no other option. I am clear that we make in a toilet unless there are no toilets.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 5:08 pm
Public urination is actually against the law, and you can be ticketed for such an offense.

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 5:32 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Public urination is actually against the law, and you can be ticketed for such an offense.

an adult male? yes. A 3 year old child? I don't think so.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 6:00 pm
octopus wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

I don't think anyone would fine you, but IMNSHO, it is disgusting. People let their kids pee in the park here because they think the public restrooms are gross, and they're too lazy to take their kids home. And bluntly, I don't like my kids playing in your kids' pee.

So yes, please say and do something when you see your kid drop trou. Pull up his pants, and take him home or to a public restroom. And if you're too late, treat it as if he went in his pants, and take him home, rather than rewarding him by letting him continue playing outside.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 6:09 pm
Please don't ignore. Pee outside and you lose the privilege of playing outside.

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
octopus wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

I don't think anyone would fine you, but IMNSHO, it is disgusting. People let their kids pee in the park here because they think the public restrooms are gross, and they're too lazy to take their kids home. And bluntly, I don't like my kids playing in your kids' pee.

So yes, please say and do something when you see your kid drop trou. Pull up his pants, and take him home or to a public restroom. And if you're too late, treat it as if he went in his pants, and take him home, rather than rewarding him by letting him continue playing outside.

excuse me? did I say my kids pee outside? I just think it's ridiculous to tell a child or the mother of a child that you can get a ticket if he urinates outside. because I don't think it's true. so keep your holier than thou tone to yourself. BUt since you mentioned the above scenario, I will say that you are ridiculous. A child that does wet his pants (and let's assume is a newly toilet trained child) while playing outside need not be punished for it. you're one heck of a mean mother. An extra change of clothes can be brought along in the diaper bag. I personally use a portable potty for my kids. yes, public toilets are disgusting.running home for every toilet emergency is also ridiculous. what if you have multiple kids???? not everyone can leave the park in two seconds flat, ya know. but a little planning in that kind of situation goes a long way. and punishing a child who is being toilet trained or just recently toilet trained is cruel and creates power struggles that need not exist. The bigger deal the op makes of this, the more that kid will just pull down his pants and urinate. inside . outside. It's best to reward op's ds with a small prize for urinating in the toilet- and say things like, " grown ups go to the bathroom indoors! look at you! you are such a big boy!"

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 7:06 pm
octopus wrote:
amother wrote:
octopus wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

excuse me? did I say my kids pee outside? I just think it's ridiculous to tell a child or the mother of a child that you can get a ticket if he urinates outside. because I don't think it's true. so keep your holier than thou tone to yourself. BUt since you mentioned the above scenario, I will say that you are ridiculous. A child that does wet his pants (and let's assume is a newly toilet trained child) while playing outside need not be punished for it. you're one heck of a mean mother. An extra change of clothes can be brought along in the diaper bag. I personally use a portable potty for my kids. yes, public toilets are disgusting.running home for every toilet emergency is also ridiculous. what if you have multiple kids???? not everyone can leave the park in two seconds flat, ya know. but a little planning in that kind of situation goes a long way. and punishing a child who is being toilet trained or just recently toilet trained is cruel and creates power struggles that need not exist. The bigger deal the op makes of this, the more that kid will just pull down his pants and urinate. inside . outside. It's best to reward op's ds with a small prize for urinating in the toilet- and say things like, " grown ups go to the bathroom indoors! look at you! you are such a big boy!"

Public toilets are disgusting, so the answer is for you to tell your kids that the world is their toilet. Go ahead. Pee where other kids are going to be sitting down, or playing in the grass. That's fine. Mommy doesn't want to take you into that yucky place where people are supposed to pee, and mommy doesn't want to be bothered going home.

Telling a kid that he needs to go home, or into a public restroom, if he needs to pee isn't punishing him. Its teaching him to pee in the right place. Nor is taking him home if he pees outside. Oooh. I'm a terrible mommy. I don't let my kids pee all over the place then say phew, now I don't have to take him home. And when my kids do have accidents, I don't say tee-hee, oh well, pee all over, who cares; I clean up. And often, that involves going home to clean up. Shocking, isn't it.

But please, send my your address. I'm sure my kids would enjoy peeing on your front steps, since you seem to think that's OK.

naomi2

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 7:28 pm
touchy today.... tsk tsk

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
octopus wrote:
amother wrote:
octopus wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

Public toilets are disgusting, so the answer is for you to tell your kids that the world is their toilet. Go ahead. Pee where other kids are going to be sitting down, or playing in the grass. That's fine. Mommy doesn't want to take you into that yucky place where people are supposed to pee, and mommy doesn't want to be bothered going home.

Telling a kid that he needs to go home, or into a public restroom, if he needs to pee isn't punishing him. Its teaching him to pee in the right place. Nor is taking him home if he pees outside. Oooh. I'm a terrible mommy. I don't let my kids pee all over the place then say phew, now I don't have to take him home. And when my kids do have accidents, I don't say tee-hee, oh well, pee all over, who cares; I clean up. And often, that involves going home to clean up. Shocking, isn't it.

But please, send my your address. I'm sure my kids would enjoy peeing on your front steps, since you seem to think that's OK.

I reported your post, nasty amother. clearly you have some hidden agenda. If you read my post, you would see that my children use/or have used in the past, a portable potty. The bigger ones are able to use (gasp) a public toilet. however, I think your threats are really disturbing. even more so than a child (gasp) having an accident or (yipes!) urinating outside. and the parents that DO have their little kids make outside usually have them do it by a tree where no one else is playing, in a hidden part. They are not urinating in the middle of the playground. I'm not justifying it. But your descriptions are inaccurate. and your threat is really over the top.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 9:14 pm
octopus wrote:
amother wrote:
octopus wrote:
amother wrote:
octopus wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

I reported your post, nasty amother. clearly you have some hidden agenda. If you read my post, you would see that my children use/or have used in the past, a portable potty. The bigger ones are able to use (gasp) a public toilet. however, I think your threats are really disturbing. even more so than a child (gasp) having an accident or (yipes!) urinating outside. and the parents that DO have their little kids make outside usually have them do it by a tree where no one else is playing, in a hidden part. They are not urinating in the middle of the playground. I'm not justifying it. But your descriptions are inaccurate. and your threat is really over the top.

Threat? You have GOT to be kidding. YOU call me a "heck of a mean mother" because I don't reward my kids for peeing in the park, attack my parenting because I think that parents should stop their kid from pulling down their pants and peeing in public, then report ME? You have a heckuva lotta nerve.

If your kids don't pee outside, great. But fact is, you, and others, are defending kids peeing outside.

I am sick and tired of sitting on a park bench watching my kids in the summer, and having the area start smelling like a urinal because of all of the people having their kids pee on the grass, or against a tree, because the public restrooms are "dirty" and its "too far" for them to walk home. I'm sick and tired of telling my kids "no, stay away from that area, its where the kids all pee." And I'm sick and tired of people defending a disgusting practice. And yes, if people think its so wonderful, I do think they should pee on their own property, and see how nice it smells.

jaysmom

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 9:15 pm
I don't see what the big deal is. If I bring my son to a park where I know there is no bathroom I expect that he will find a private tree in a corner to pish. I will not walk my preschooler the 5 minute walk home and expect him to hold it in. I don't have him pee in the middle of the park where people will be walking. Worst case unlikely scenario, and some kid comes in contact with his urine- well, urine is sterile. Yeah, I get the gross factor, but all kids should wash their hands when they come home from the park anyways. Its not poop. I feel like I am going off on a tangent here.

Bottom line: As little boys grow up they will develop stronger bladder control and frequency of public urination will decrease significantly or cease to occur. Don't freak out. You are not raising a child who will grow up and be arrested for public urination.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 10:03 pm
I think you should just explain to him on a three year old level that he can only use the bathroom. Tell him that public urination is for emergencies only. Think he will grasp the concept at all?

sarahla

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:35 pm
Ummm quite some fight gong on .... Well. Just came back from NY and even though I always thought it was gross for kids to pee outside, I've had quite my share on my trip...my DS is 3.5 and no he CANNOT HOLD IT until we get out of car walk up the staires and go to the toilet so he went outside in a corner ... Big deal

Amamother are you also bothered by dog peein outside ...what's the difference? Cvs I'm not comparing our dear precious children to dog but maybe what imamother is smellin is really dog pee!!! Just sayng

pinkbubbles

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 5:51 am
I just want to clarify, if DS pees outside it is usually in our back garden in some corner. Nobodys problem but my own there, and obviously I don't think it is the biggest deal unless I make it one.

If he needs to pee in the playground, and I can see he is not going to last until I reach the public toilets - then I will take him to the far corner aiming under a bush, where nobody is going to sit down or play. Its not like I let him pee on the slide or on a bench.

Also, MANY three year old boys are still getting the hang of using the toilet, let alone 'holding it' for five minutes until they get there. For my 3.5 year old son, he is not there yet. Explaining public urination won't help him if he needs to pee NOW.

I was going to bring up the dog thing, people let their dogs pee and poop all over the place without cleaning up, that is much more of an issue to me. Also bird poop which is even worse, since they'll poop on your head.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 8:51 am
Oh this is too funny.
I saw the thread title, thought to myself "hey my kid did that, I'll go post to reassure amother that he grew out of it pretty fast" and then I open the thread and recognize my own post...LOL
which incidentally.. ahem...was posted in november of last year!

chocolate moose, umm...twas in my backyard..highly unlikely to find a copper snooping around there ready to book my kids for public offences!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 8:53 am
The question here was about a ds who likes to pee outside and is doing it for the fun of it. Not a 3.5 yo who CAN'T hold it. No one sees a difference between the two?

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 11:49 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
The question here was about a ds who likes to pee outside and is doing it for the fun of it. Not a 3.5 yo who CAN'T hold it. No one sees a difference between the two?

I was gonna point out the same thing.
Although there is a school of thought that a kid should have accidents and that that teaches them about the natural consequences of not holding it in. For some parents, peeing in the bushes is not an option ever. What do you do with your girls?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers