Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Daytime Urinary Accidents

frmom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2012, 3:07 pm
Please help! my 7 y old ds with ADHA is having dailyurinary accidents but gets up at nigh to go to the bathroom! He is on the Daytrana patch now b ut has been doing this on Vyvance as well. My pediatrician suggested re-toilet training by putting him on a schedult but with school/day camp - its impossible.

Obviously this is devastating to a boy who has a multitude of social issues to start with!
Anyone have experience dealing with this? Any advice?

mommy of boys

Post Wed, Jul 04 2012, 3:26 pm
sk his daycamp to send him to the bathroom every hour and do that at home too,
Also, it might be behavioral so then I would have HIM clean the mess without any extra attention

good Luck

frmom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2012, 7:56 pm
mommy of boys wrote:
sk his daycamp to send him to the bathroom every hour and do that at home too,
Also, it might be behavioral so then I would have HIM clean the mess without any extra attention

good Luck
I did ask the camp to keep him on an hourly schedule - hes already had an accident on the way home. I tend to think its more sensory -either hes not feeling the sensatio - or he's feeling it too late. All I do when he has accident s is tell him to go and change - its not like there are puddles to clean. He is hugely embarrased when it happens

amother

Post Wed, Jul 04 2012, 8:02 pm
My 5 yr old DS has been doing this for the past three months( when I ask him why he does this he claims he doesn't feel). My pediatrician suggested I go see a pediatric urologist Dr stock in mt Sinai hospital and he was very nice, and he is bh having less and less accidents. I would suggest you go to urologist, it can really effect the childs self esteem ...good luck!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)