Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Think about others

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:46 pm
As a divorced/single mom I want to remind all of you of the opportunity you have this yom tov to help make someone's yom tov be all the more happier. I know having guests can some times be hard so if you can't invite them at least try and do something to show that you are thinking of them during yom tov time.
I am living in the same place for nearly three years and though my kids play with all the kids on the block and the kids are over by my house all the times, and I am on neighborly terms with lots of their parents, I still have never been invited for a meal. I am not upset with them and I do know hat if I was really desperate I could invite myself over so I am not looking for ideas or places to go. I am looking to raise awareness and hope that someone will go out of their way to show that neighbor, friend, grandma, etc that they do care about them. And now I'll get off my soap box Smile

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:48 pm
Thank you for sharing that. You have a very valid point. I hope it does open peoples eyes and hearts...

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:50 pm
Hi,

If you live in Baltimore, would you mind PM'ing me so I can invite you? If you don't want to out your screen name, you can just email me ellen at helpellen dot com. Thanks!

amother

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 7:47 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Hi,

If you live in Baltimore, would you mind PM'ing me so I can invite you? If you don't want to out your screen name, you can just email me ellen at helpellen dot com. Thanks!

Thanks for the invite. It always amazes me that people are willing to welcome complete strangers into their homes! I'm actually not looking for an invite from people I don't know, and I know if I was looking for an invite there are plenty of ways for me to get it.

All I want is for those that do know me to do something to show that they do and that they thought about me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics