Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitel styles for a widows peak
1  2  Next

batya_d

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 1:26 am
My current shaitel has layered side bangs (see avatar), because otherwise my massive widow's peak would show in front, which would look bizarre.

I'd like to get something with a more simple, one-length, center or side part, straight style. I'm thinking the only way I could make this work would be to have electrolysis on my widows peak, which seems pretty drastic.

Any ideas on how to do this without the painful electrolysis? All the shaitels I've been looking at online don't have a low enough hairline to cover my peak.

klotzkashe

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 6:13 am
WHAT ABOUT having bangs all across but longish type ones? theyre quite IN now

mumof1

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 7:21 am
I had electrolysis done.
its not that drastic, I did it on the sides also.
I had it done when I was in high school, so it was a long while ago.
try hat fall and wear it with silk scarves I do that all week its so comfy cuz my hat fall has no clips.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 9:51 am
are you sure you hav e to cover that part of your head/hair?

rise above

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 9:58 am
chocolate moose wrote:
are you sure you hav e to cover that part of your head/hair?

batya_d said
Quote:
because otherwise my massive widow's peak would show in front, which would look bizarre.

not that she Can't show it, but she doesn't like how it looks

anyways, different people hold different things about a widows peak..

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 10:09 am
I've heard of a lot of girls getting laser hair removal done.

shoy18

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 10:10 am
only1 wrote:
I've heard of a lot of girls getting laser hair removal done.

My friend is engaged now and she just had it done

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 10:12 am
But if you have a band fall and show a little hair in the front, then it might look weird while you are doing it. But if you don't show, then it won't matter. I could never have it done because I show my widows peak in front of my band.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 10:27 am
My sheitle is the same length all around, the way I hide my widow's peak is by having the sheitel parted on the side and pulling the hair across over the widows peak and then usually tucked behind my ear so that it deosn't get in my face. sometimes I put a small pin. Another way that looks really cute with a fall (if you show some hair) is to take out the front hairs and pull it over the front of the fall and hold it in place with a clip, you can see the widow's peak but it looks very natural.

LikeMeDoes

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 11:07 am
I also have a widow's peak. Not huge, but enough to make problems. It's better since I made my sheitels into and off-centre part rather than middle.

I wish I'd had laser before I got married b/c I looked into it now and it's worthless to do it while hormones are changing. So.... I'm gonna havta wait a few years. By then, I may just have gone bald! Wink

amother

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 11:13 am
What's a Widows peak???

LikeMeDoes

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 12:10 pm
a widow's peak is where the hairline on the forehead dips slightly in the middle.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 1:33 pm
you know that point in the middle of your forehead like the "munsters" mom or a "vampire"
Aren't bangs the best solution - or layers (longer bangs)

batya_d

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 2:31 pm
only1 wrote:
But if you have a band fall and show a little hair in the front, then it might look weird while you are doing it. But if you don't show, then it won't matter. I could never have it done because I show my widows peak in front of my band.

Yep, I also show my widows peak in front of my band fall.

I think I'll try some on with side parts and see if that covers it up when I tuck the hair behind my ears, thanks for the advice!

supermom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 1:27 pm
Got one too. I hate how I look in sheitals because of it.

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 1:32 pm
Ah though that is'nt my problem , I have a differnt one I have a very low hairline at the back of my head/neck so unless I wear something long it is almost next to impossible to cover. One of the main reasons my own hair is pony tail length, way easier to cover Confused

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 1:54 pm
I have a really low forehead, my hairline is ‘in my nose’ in addition to that, I have a small widow’s peak. I’ve had enough and I’m saving $$ to do laser (about $150 for 15 minutes) and I’m saving enough for about 10 times I want to move my hairline up and be able to wear a shaitel out of my face once and for all. I don’t think electrolysis is permanent (only if you do it a thousand times) and why go through all that pain…it ends up being the same money anyway.

shoy18

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 1:54 pm
I have a friend who has a widows peak, and she just lasered it off, Problem Solved

ShiraMiri

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 5:27 pm
Doesn't it look bizarre to "laser off" a major part of your hairline? I would think that someone would look partially bald after doing that - like a middle-aged man with a receding hairline. It wouldn't matter for when you are covering your hair, but at home for your husband you'd look like a creature from Star Trek or something.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 8:02 pm
I think they are trying to get rid of their star trek looking features...sorry guys - it's not easy being...green w/all the colors that I've seen...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels