Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Nursing twin - laying position - simultaneously ??

amother

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 9:12 pm
Is it even possible? I realized that my twins nurse a lot better in a laying position so I started doing that, one at a time. its very time consuming, of course. I once read here of a poster that nurses laying, both at once. How? Please share and make my life easier.

Thank you

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 9:45 pm
I dont have twins but I would think you have to lay on your back.

JustHavingFun

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 10:01 am
I see you posted this nearly a month ago, so I hope you have worked out nursing your twins.

I had a nursing pillow, shaped like a "C", that fastened with velcro. When I sat on the bed with my legs out, the pillow was under my breasts. I held each baby football-style, on his back, with his legs under my arms toward my back. This way, I could nurse each one at the same time. It worked even when they were over 20 pounds and were able to lie partially off the pillow. I felt rested and it took half the time of nursing one at a time. Of course, I switched breasts for each session in case they were nursing unevenly.

Another mother of twins showed me how to do it (getting baby #2 on the pillow at first is a trick) and gave me the pillow. If you have questions about how to do this, you should see a lactation consultant or contact the LaLeche League.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more