Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Full time cleaning help

amother

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:00 pm
I have full time cleaning help for first time and I need help managing and scheduling her day. I am sahm mom but have special needs child and newborn which is why I need the help. She is there as an extra pair of hands in morning and evening when getting kids out to school and supper and bathtime. My house is not huge and family not too big, I find there isn't that much for her to clean all day everyday. Does anyone have a daily and weekly cleaning schedule that would be helpful to me? Also, any special household projects I can ask he to do? Those of you with full time help, do you make her a schedule? Is it rude if I print out a task schedule in spanish and keep it in the supply closet for her? Thanks!

cm

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:27 pm
Having a written job description is not rude at all, for any job at any level. I assume she speaks/reads Spanish, or else making the task list in Spanish would be truly bizarre. Are you able to communicate with her verbally? Is she doing both child care and cleaning?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:35 pm
I think a check off list on a dry erase board is a great idea. You can have daily and weekly lists.

Daily: wash breakfast dishes, make beds, sweep/vacuum, straighten up house while kids are in school, fold laundry, prep dinner, wash dinner dishes and kitchen.

Weekly: decide how often you want to wash laundry, wash floors, clean bathrooms, iron. Then divide them up by days.

Other projects like polishing silver, organizing clothing and toys can be added on an as needed basis.

Liba

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:41 pm
Having a schedule makes a lot of sense if you are sure she can read it.

One thing I find really helpful for my shabbos prep is having someone peel the vegetables that I will need for Shabos cooking Thursday night.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:55 pm
I am op- She only does childcare when I need an extra hand and in morn and afternoon while I am busy dealing with the school kids. I am SAHM. Are there any household managment websites that list daily and weekly tasks? Sounds strange but my previous lady who came 3 times a week just knew what to do, and I do not

sky

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 3:14 pm
amother wrote:
I am op- She only does childcare when I need an extra hand and in morn and afternoon while I am busy dealing with the school kids. I am SAHM. Are there any household management websites that list daily and weekly tasks? Sounds strange but my previous lady who came 3 times a week just knew what to do, and I do not

Some of the ideas above are great.
Also to add to rotations is cleaning the fridge, under the oven, wipe down walls, baseboards, window shades.

http://pinterest.com/angie76/c.....ules/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry